Affiliation: University of Utah
- Magnetic resonance imaging in clinical cardiac electrophysiologyRavi Ranjan
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Crit Rev Biomed Eng 40:409-26. 2012..In addition MRI can also be used to visualize radiofrequency ablation lesions, potentially leading to significant improvement in procedural outcomes...
- Gaps in the ablation line as a potential cause of recovery from electrical isolation and their visualization using MRIRavi Ranjan
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 4:279-86. 2011..In this study, we looked at the effect of tissue conductivity and propagation of electric wave fronts across ablation lines with gaps, using both simulations and an animal model...
- Identification and acute targeting of gaps in atrial ablation lesion sets using a real-time magnetic resonance imaging systemRavi Ranjan
Division of Cardiology, Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research and Management Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 5:1130-5. 2012..In this study, we acutely identify and target gaps using a real-time magnetic resonance imaging (RT-MRI) system, leading to a complete and transmural ablation in the atrium...
- Chronic atrial fibrillation causes left ventricular dysfunction in dogs but not goats: experience with dogs, goats, and pigsDerek J Dosdall
Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research and Management Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H725-31. 2013..Both the dog and goat models are representative of segments of the patient population with chronic AF. ..
- The effect of fat pad modification during ablation of atrial fibrillation: late gadolinium enhancement MRI analysisKoji Higuchi
Comprehensive Arrhythmia and Research Management CARMA Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 36:467-76. 2013..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can visualize locations of both the ablation scar on the left atrium (LA) after atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation and epicardial fat pads (FPs) containing ganglionated plexi (GP)...
- Atrial fibrosis quantified using late gadolinium enhancement MRI is associated with sinus node dysfunction requiring pacemaker implantNazem Akoum
Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research and Management CARMA Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:44-50. 2012..The underlying process is thought to be because of atrial fibrosis. We assessed the value of atrial fibrosis, quantified using late gadolinium enhanced-MRI (LGE-MRI), in predicting significant SND requiring pacemaker implant...