- On avoiding dangerous anthropogenic interference with the climate system: formidable challenges ahead
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0221, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14245-50. 2008
..Lastly, even the most aggressive CO(2) mitigation steps as envisioned now can only limit further additions to the committed warming, but not reduce the already committed GHGs warming of 2.4 degrees C...
- The Copenhagen Accord for limiting global warming: criteria, constraints, and available avenues
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8055-62. 2010
..With such actions, the four decades we have until 2050 should be exploited to develop and scale-up revolutionary technologies to restrict the warming to less than 1.5 degrees C...
- Simultaneous observations of aerosol-cloud-albedo interactions with three stacked unmanned aerial vehicles
G C Roberts
Center for Atmospheric Sciences, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7370-5. 2008
..This study demonstrates that aerosol-cloud-albedo interactions can be directly observed by simultaneous observations below, in, and above the clouds...
- Reducing abrupt climate change risk using the Montreal Protocol and other regulatory actions to complement cuts in CO2 emissions
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0356, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20616-21. 2009
..These and other fast-action strategies may reduce the risk of abrupt climate change in the next few decades by complementing cuts in CO(2) emissions...
- Renal transplantation
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232-2372, USA
Semin Nephrol 21:213-9. 2001
..In this review, we will look at the history, the expanding treatment options based on better understanding of the immunobiology of alloantigen response, and the persistent challenges awaiting...
- Global air pollution crossroads over the Mediterranean
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Post Office Box 3060, 55020 Mainz, Germany
Science 298:794-9. 2002
..Additional Asian pollution from the east, transported from the monsoon in the upper troposphere, crosses the Mediterranean tropopause, which pollutes the lower stratosphere at middle latitudes...
- Integrated model shows that atmospheric brown clouds and greenhouse gases have reduced rice harvests in India
Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, 207 Giannini Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3310, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19668-72. 2006
..The results also imply that adverse climate changes due to brown clouds and greenhouse gases contributed to the slowdown in harvest growth that occurred during the past two decades...