Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Alcohol-induced alterations in maternal uterine endothelial proteome: a quantitative iTRAQ mass spectrometric approachJayanth Ramadoss
Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Reprod Toxicol 34:538-44. 2012..To quantitate alcohol-induced alterations in the maternal uterine endothelial proteome utilizing iTRAQ-based mass spectrometry...
- Vascular effects of maternal alcohol consumptionJayanth Ramadoss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 303:H414-21. 2012..Data presented in this review will illustrate the importance of the maternal vasculature in the pathogenesis of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders and that more studies are warranted in this field...
- Multiplexed digital quantification of binge-like alcohol-mediated alterations in maternal uterine angiogenic mRNA transcriptomeJayanth Ramadoss
Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Physiol Genomics 44:622-8. 2012..The tripartite digital gene expression system is therefore a valuable tool to answer many additional questions about FASD from both mechanistic as well as ameliorative perspectives...
- 2-D DIGE uterine endothelial proteomic profile for maternal chronic binge-like alcohol exposureJayanth Ramadoss
Perinatal Research Laboratories, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
J Proteomics 74:2986-94. 2011..The current study also demonstrates a great need to utilize proteomic approaches for diagnostic, mechanistic and therapeutic aspects of FASD...
- Endothelial caveolar hub regulation of adenosine triphosphate-induced endothelial nitric oxide synthase subcellular partitioning and domain-specific phosphorylationJayanth Ramadoss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Hypertension 59:1052-9. 2012..Furthermore, these subcellular domain-specific phosphorylation/dephosphorylation events provide evidence relating to eNOS spatio-temporal dynamics...
- Estradiol-17β and its cytochrome P450- and catechol-O-methyltransferase-derived metabolites selectively stimulate production of prostacyclin in uterine artery endothelial cells: role of estrogen receptor-α versus estrogen receptor-βSheikh O Jobe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, Atrium B Meriter Hospital, 202 S Park St, Madison, WI, 53715, USA
Hypertension 61:509-18. 2013..These findings also shed light on the complexities of estrogen signaling via its metabolism and the functional heterogeneity of the ERs...
- Alcohol and maternal uterine vascular adaptations during pregnancy-part I: effects of chronic in vitro binge-like alcohol on uterine endothelial nitric oxide system and functionJayanth Ramadoss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:1686-93. 2011..To study the direct effects of alcohol on uterine vascular adaptations, we further investigated the effects of alcohol on estradiol-17β-induced uterine angiogenesis in vitro...
- High-throughput caveolar proteomic signature profile for maternal binge alcohol consumptionJayanth Ramadoss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin, Atrium B Meriter Hospital, 202 South Park Street Madison, WI 53715, USA
Alcohol 44:691-7. 2010..These data demonstrate that the caveolar proteomic signature created by alcohol shows a promising direction for early detection of FASD...
- A novel role for an endothelial adrenergic receptor system in mediating catecholestradiol-induced proliferation of uterine artery endothelial cellsSheikh O Jobe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Hypertension 58:874-81. 2011....
- Testosterone alters maternal vascular adaptations: role of the endothelial NO systemVijayakumar Chinnathambi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1062, USA
Hypertension 61:647-54. 2013..T may induce the increased vascular resistance associated with pregnancy-induced hypertension...