Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Incidence of apnea in infants hospitalized with respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis: a systematic reviewShawn Ralston
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Inpatient Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Pediatr 155:728-33. 2009..To determine the incidence of apnea in infants hospitalized with respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) bronchiolitis and identify relevant risk factors from the available literature...
- Nebulized hypertonic saline without adjunctive bronchodilators for children with bronchiolitisShawn Ralston
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Pediatrics, and Christus Santa Rosa Children s Hospital, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, MSC 7829, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Pediatrics 126:e520-5. 2010..The goal was to determine an adverse event rate for nebulized hypertonic saline solution administered without adjunctive bronchodilators for infants with bronchiolitis...
- Occult serious bacterial infection in infants younger than 60 to 90 days with bronchiolitis: a systematic reviewShawn Ralston
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:951-6. 2011..To summarize the risk of occult serious bacterial infection in the youngest febrile infants presenting with either clinical bronchiolitis or respiratory syncytial virus infection...
- A randomized, controlled trial of nasal phenylephrine in infants hospitalized for bronchiolitisShawn Ralston
Department of Pediatrics, Community Medical Center, Missoula, MT, USA
J Pediatr 153:795-8. 2008..To examine the hypothesis that pharmacologic treatment of nasal obstruction, specifically alpha-adrenergic nose drops, will decrease objective signs of respiratory distress in infants with bronchiolitis...
- Decreasing unnecessary utilization in acute bronchiolitis care: results from the value in inpatient pediatrics networkShawn Ralston
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Inpatient Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Hosp Med 8:25-30. 2013..Utilization of non-evidence-based therapies and testing remains common despite a large volume of evidence to guide quality improvement efforts...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of albuterol and epinephrine at equipotent beta-2 agonist doses in acute bronchiolitisShawn Ralston
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 40:292-9. 2005....
- Practice-based assessment of tobacco usage in southwestern primary care patients: a Research Involving Outpatient Settings Network (RIOS Net) studyShawn Ralston
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 20:174-80. 2007..We conducted a case study using rates of tobacco usage among people presenting for primary care to explore comparability to general population-based rates...
- A randomized, controlled trial of smoking cessation counseling provided during child hospitalization for respiratory illnessShawn Ralston
Department of Pediatrics, Community Medical Center, 2827 Fort Missoula Road, Missoula, MT 59804, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:561-6. 2008..Child hospitalization should be considered an important opportunity to provide parents with smoking cessation services, particularly since many smoking parents will not have access to these services elsewhere...