Dennis W Raisch
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Opioid dependence treatment, including buprenorphine/naloxoneDennis W Raisch
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, 2401 Centre, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 4180, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:312-21. 2002..To review opioid dependence (OD) and its treatment. Pharmacologic treatments, including the use of buprenorphine/naloxone, are presented. Pharmaceutical care functions for outpatient OD treatment are discussed...
- Economic comparison of home-care-based versus hospital-based treatment of chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia in childrenDennis W Raisch
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Value Health 6:158-66. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare health-care resource utilization and outcomes among children treated for low-risk febrile neutropenia (FN) in a hospital-based setting with those treated in a home-care-based setting...
- Health-related quality of life changes associated with buprenorphine treatment for opioid dependenceDennis W Raisch
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Qual Life Res 21:1177-83. 2012..Few studies have described improvement in health-related quality of life (HRQOL) associated with opioid dependence treatment with buprenorphine (ODT-B)...
- Impact of computerized prescriber order entry on the incidence of adverse drug events in pediatric inpatientsMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, MSC09 5360, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Pediatrics 120:1058-66. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the impact of a computerized physician order entry system with substantial decision support on the incidence and types of adverse drug events in hospitalized children...
- Impact of a clinical trials information handbook on patient knowledge, perceptions, and likelihood of participationHeather M Campbell
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy, Albuquerque, NM, USA
IRB 30:6-14. 2008
- A comparison of veteran and nonveteran motivations and reasons for participating in clinical trialsHeather M Campbell
University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy, 2502 Marble, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Mil Med 172:27-30. 2007..Study delays often occur due to lack of recruitment. This study's primary objective was to compare veteran and nonveteran motivations and reasons...
- Pharmacists' and technicians' perceptions and attitudes toward dispensing buprenorphine/ naloxone to patients with opioid dependenceDennis W Raisch
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 45:23-32. 2005..To assess the perceptions and attitudes of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians involved in an office-based opioid dependence treatment program using buprenorphine/naloxone...
- Thrombocytopenia from combination treatment with oseltamivir and probenecid: case report, MedWatch data summary, and review of the literatureDennis W Raisch
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:988-92. 2009..001), but not probenecid. The underlying mechanism of thrombocytopenia with these drugs is unknown. Clinicians should be aware that the use of oseltamivir and probenecid has been reported to be associated with thrombocytopenia...
- A literature review of cost-effectiveness analyses of prostate-specific antigen test in prostate cancer screeningVishvas Garg
Pharmacoeconomics, Epidemiology, Pharmaceutical Policy and Outcomes Research PEPPOR Program, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 13:327-42. 2013..Further cost-effectiveness analyses reflecting latest clinical practice and current perspectives regarding adverse outcomes of potentially unnecessary treatment are required, especially from the US government perspective...
- Medication adherence assessment in a clinical trial with centralized follow-up and direct-to-patient drug shipmentsStuart R Warren
VA Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, 2401 Centre Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Clin Trials 10:441-8. 2013..Counting unused study medication is the predominant method by which adherence is assessed in outpatient clinical trials but it has limitations that include questionable validity and burdens on research personnel...
- Baseline comparison of three health utility measures and the feeling thermometer among participants in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes trialDennis W Raisch
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:35. 2012..We assessed relationships between HU and FT values and patient demographics and clinical variables...
- Promoting good clinical practices in the conduct of clinical trials: experiences in the Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies ProgramMike R Sather
VA Cooperative Studies Program Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Research and Development, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Control Clin Trials 24:570-84. 2003....
- Pharmacoeconomic analysis of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in type 2 diabetes: a Markov modelHeather M Campbell
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1101-10. 2007..Prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD) events by initiating an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor on diagnosis of type 2 diabetes may increase survival and decrease costs...
- The role of the pharmacy coordinating center in the DIG trialCarol L Fye
Cooperative Studies Program Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106 4180, USA
Control Clin Trials 24:289S-297S. 2003..As a direct result of involvement in the DIG trial, the PCC identified the need for an increased emphasis on computerization and automated support of clinical trials, especially LSTs...
- Incidence and impact of adverse drug events in pediatric inpatientsMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, 2502 Marble NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5691, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:60-5. 2003..To determine the incidence and causes of adverse drug events (ADEs) and potential ADEs in hospitalized children, and to examine the consequences of these events...
- GI risk factors and use of GI protective agents among patients receiving nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsCrystal L Harris
Pharmaceutical Management and Research, Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program Clinical Research Pharmacy, Albuquerque, NM 87106 4180, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1924-31. 2006..Patients at risk may not be prescribed protective therapies that might mitigate their risk of NSAID-associated GI complications...
- Acute and delayed nausea and emesis control in pediatric oncology patientsMark T Holdsworth
Department of Pharmacy and Pediatrics, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Cancer 106:931-40. 2006..The current study was undertaken to determine the effectiveness of standard antiemetic interventions among children receiving emetogenic chemotherapy...
- Antimetabolite-based therapy in childhood T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report of POG study 9296Stuart S Winter
Department of Pediatrics, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:179-86. 2006....
- Economic, clinical, and humanistic outcomes (ECHOs) of pharmaceutical care services for minority patients: a literature reviewYan Cheng
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences, Pharmacoeconomics, Epidemiology, and Pharmaceutical Policy and Outcomes Research, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, MSC 09 5360, 2502 Marble Avenue, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 9:311-29. 2013..The U.S. population of racial/ethnic minorities continues to increase; however, health disparities and poor health outcomes among many of them continue to be a major public health problem confronting the U.S. health care system...
- Use of number needed to treat in cost-effectiveness analysesVishvas Garg
Pharmacoeconomics, Epidemiology, Pharmaceutical Policy, and Outcomes Research program, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Ann Pharmacother 47:380-7. 2013..To review the use of number needed to treat (NNT) and/or number needed to harm (NNH) values to determine their relevance in helping clinicians evaluate cost-effectiveness analyses (CEAs)...
- Impact of United States Food and Drug Administration's boxed warnings on adverse drug reactions reporting rates and risk mitigation for multiple myeloma drugsVishvas Garg
University of New Mexico, College of Pharmacy, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 12:299-307. 2013....
- Pain and distress from bone marrow aspirations and lumbar puncturesMark T Holdsworth
Pharmacy and Pediatrics, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1066, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:17-22. 2003..To compare the efficacy of 3 different pharmacologic regimens to relieve pain and distress in children with cancer undergoing bone marrow aspirations (BMAs) and lumbar punctures (LPs)...
- Relationship between diet, exercise habits, and health status among patients with diabetesHeather M Campbell
VA Cooperative Studies Program Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 7:151-61. 2011..Similarly, diets rich in fruits or vegetables (5-13 servings) have been found to lower the risk of stroke, cardiovascular conditions, cancer, and diabetes...
- Gemtuzumab ozogamicin-associated sinusoidal obstructive syndrome (SOS): an overview from the research on adverse drug events and reports (RADAR) projectJune M McKoy
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Leuk Res 31:599-604. 2007....
- Assessment of the impact of a patient clinical trials handbook among pharmacy studentsA Christie Graham
University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy, Laramie, Wyoming, USA
Clin Ther 27:238-45. 2005..It has been suggested that patients' knowledge and attitudes are improved by being given general written information about clinical trials...
- Venous thromboembolism and mortality associated with recombinant erythropoietin and darbepoetin administration for the treatment of cancer-associated anemiaCharles L Bennett
VA Chicago Healthcare System, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
JAMA 299:914-24. 2008..Although systematic overviews of trials have identified venous thromboembolism (VTE) risks, none have identified mortality risks with ESAs...
- Dissemination of information on potentially fatal adverse drug reactions for cancer drugs from 2000 to 2002: first results from the research on adverse drug events and reports projectLisa A Ladewski
Veterans Affairs Midwest Center for Health and Policy Research, Lakeside Division, Northwestern University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3859-66. 2003..To describe the clinical findings, occurrence rates, causality evidence, and dissemination media for serious cancer drug-associated adverse drug reactions (ADRs) reported in the postmarketing setting...
- Two mechanistic pathways for thienopyridine-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a report from the SERF-TTP Research Group and the RADAR ProjectCharles L Bennett
VA Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care at Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1138-43. 2007..We sought to describe clinical and laboratory findings for a large cohort of patients with thienopyridine-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Systematic review of piperacillin-induced neutropeniaMarc H Scheetz
Department of Pharmacy, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Drug Saf 30:295-306. 2007..Report of neutropenia associated with piperacillin usage prior to 15 days of therapy is a novel finding that requires further evaluation. Current reporting methods poorly characterise patient groups at risk...
- Direct health care costs of 4 common skin ulcers in New Mexico Medicaid fee-for-service patientsRitesh N Kumar
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 17:143-9. 2004..To determine health care costs associated with pressure ulcers, ulcers of the lower limbs, other chronic ulcers, and venous leg ulcers from the New Mexico Medicaid fee-for-service program perspective...
- Clinical features and correlates of gemcitabine-associated lung injury: findings from the RADAR projectSteven M Belknap
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer 106:2051-7. 2006....
- Hypersensitivity cases associated with drug-eluting coronary stents: a review of available cases from the Research on Adverse Drug Events and Reports (RADAR) projectJonathan R Nebeker
Veterans Administration Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:175-81. 2006..We undertook the review of all available cases of hypersensitivity reactions after placement of a drug-eluting stent (DES) and classified potential causes...
- Amiodarone versus sotalol for atrial fibrillationBramah N Singh
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West Los Angeles, Calif 90073, USA
N Engl J Med 352:1861-72. 2005..The optimal pharmacologic means to restore and maintain sinus rhythm in patients with atrial fibrillation remains controversial...
- Thalidomide- and lenalidomide-associated thromboembolism among patients with cancerCharles L Bennett
JAMA 296:2558-60. 2006