Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Testicular cancer: maintaining the high cure rateDerek Raghavan
Division of Oncology, USC Norris Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:218-28; discussion 228-9, 234-5, passim. 2003..The logical management of any patient with curable disease is to provide curative therapy and then follow the patient in a structured manner, to diagnose and treat any complications in a timely manner...
- Functional heterogeneity of prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia: the duration of hormonal therapy influences the responseTyler Y Kang
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH 44195, and University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BJU Int 99:1024-7. 2007....
- Chemotherapy and cystectomy for invasive transitional cell carcinoma of bladderDerek Raghavan
Division of Medical Oncology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Urol Oncol 21:468-74. 2003..Molecular prognostication is now being incorporated into the design of clinical trials of adjuvant chemotherapy for bladder cancer...
- Natural history of surgically treated bladder carcinoma with extravesical tumor extensionMarcus L Quek
Department of Urology, Kenneth Norris Jr Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, MS 74, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Suite 7476, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer 98:955-61. 2003..The authors evaluated the outcomes of patients with pT3a and pT3b disease after radical cystectomy...
- Phase I/II trial of gemcitabine plus docetaxel in advanced non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Valerie Israel
University of Southern California-Kenneth Norris Jr. Comprehensive Cancer Center and California Cancer Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Invest New Drugs 22:291-7. 2004..CONCLUSION: This regimen is well tolerated and results in phase I-II testing in this patient population warrant further consideration of the study of docetaxel + gemcitabine for advanced NSCLC...
- Surgery and adjunctive chemotherapy for invasive bladder cancerDerek Raghavan
Division of Medical Oncology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Room 3446, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Surg Oncol 11:55-63. 2002..This review analyzes the results of published data and constructs a practical paradigm for patient management...
- Genitourinary cancer in the elderlyDerek Raghavan
Division of Oncology, Department of Urology, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Semin Oncol 31:249-63. 2004..Of particular importance, the chance for cure should not be sacrificed because of age-based considerations in early-stage cancers of the prostate or kidney nor in the early stage of locally advanced urothelial malignancy...
- Progress in the chemotherapy of metastatic cancer of the urinary tractDerek Raghavan
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Southern California-Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cancer 97:2050-5. 2003....
- Molecular targeting and pharmacogenomics in the management of advanced bladder cancerDerek Raghavan
Division of Medical Oncology, The University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cancer 97:2083-9. 2003..This review summarizes current knowledge in these evolving domains...
- New prognostic factors for stage I testicular cancer: but will they make it to broadway?Derek Raghavan
J Clin Oncol 21:4075-6. 2003
- Randomization reveals unexpected acute leukemias in Southwest Oncology Group prostate cancer trialThomas W Flaig
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Mail Stop 8117, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045 0511, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1532-6. 2008..Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) study 9921 is a randomized, phase III, intergroup study to define the role of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with high-risk prostate cancer...
- Evaluation of prostate-specific antigen declines for surrogacy in patients treated on SWOG 99-16Daniel P Petrylak
Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:516-21. 2006..We evaluated PSA changes as potential surrogate markers for survival by using data from a clinical trial...
- Chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer treated with definitive radiotherapy: persisting uncertaintiesToni K Choueiri
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MS, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 5:444-54. 2008....
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy plus cystectomy compared with cystectomy alone for locally advanced bladder cancerH Barton Grossman
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
N Engl J Med 349:859-66. 2003....
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancerDaniel P Petrylak
Columbia University, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1513-20. 2004....
- Southwest Oncology Group studies in bladder cancerE David Crawford
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Cancer 97:2099-108. 2003..SWOG accomplishments in bladder cancer are highlighted, and future strategies are discussed...
- Southwest Oncology Group phase II study of arsenic trioxide in patients with refractory germ cell malignanciesTomasz M Beer
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Cancer 106:2624-9. 2006..To the authors' knowledge, no satisfactory therapy is available for patients with refractory germ cell neoplasms. The activity and safety of arsenic trioxide in refractory germ cell tumors was assessed...
- Absolute prostate-specific antigen value after androgen deprivation is a strong independent predictor of survival in new metastatic prostate cancer: data from Southwest Oncology Group Trial 9346 (INT-0162)Maha Hussain
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3984-90. 2006..2 ng/mL or less. CONCLUSION: A PSA of 4 ng/mL or less after 7 months of AD is a strong predictor of survival. This data should be used to tailor future trial design for D2 prostate cancer...
- A Phase II trial of flavopiridol (NSC #649890) in patients with previously untreated metastatic androgen-independent prostate cancerGlenn Liu
Medical Oncology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:924-8. 2004..Its use in prostate cancer should be reserved for evaluation in combination therapies or alternative schedules...
- Complications of surgery and chemotherapy for testicular cancerRobert Abouassaly
Glickman Urological Institute and Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Oncol 23:447-55. 2005..Although cure can be achieved in a majority of patients, the treatment can occasionally leave the patient with late sequelae. This article discusses the long-term toxicity of curative surgical or cytotoxic therapy for germ cell tumors...