Affiliation: University of California
- Recent developments in Alzheimer's disease therapeuticsMichael S Rafii
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, Gilman Drive M C 0949, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
BMC Med 7:7. 2009..In this review, we briefly discuss the current status of Alzheimer's disease therapies under study, as well the scientific context in which they have been developed...
- Update on Alzheimer's disease therapeuticsMichael S Rafii
University of California, San Diego, USA
Rev Recent Clin Trials 8:110-8. 2013....
- The pulse of drug development for Alzheimer's diseaseMichael S Rafii
Alzheimer s Disease Cooperative Study, Attending Neurologist, Shiley Marcos Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, University of California, San Diego, USA
Rev Recent Clin Trials 5:57-62. 2010..In this review, the current status of Alzheimer's Disease therapies under study is discussed, including the scientific basis for each strategy...
- Comparison of the memory performance index with standard neuropsychological measures of cognitionMichael Rafii
Shiley Marcos Alzheimer s Disease Research Center and the Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 26:235-9. 2011..The MCIS may be a valuable tool in the identification of elderly at high risk for dementia due to its ease-of-use and brief administration time...
- A phase II trial of huperzine A in mild to moderate Alzheimer diseaseM S Rafii
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Neurology 76:1389-94. 2011..Huperzine A is a natural cholinesterase inhibitor derived from the Chinese herb Huperzia serrata that may compare favorably in symptomatic efficacy to cholinesterase inhibitors currently in use for Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- High-throughput, fully automated volumetry for prediction of MMSE and CDR decline in mild cognitive impairmentSanja Kovacevic
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 094, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 23:139-45. 2009..Fully automated and rapid measurement of segmental MTL volumes may help clinicians predict clinical decline in MCI patients...