Affiliation: University of California
- A compensatory mirror cortical mechanism for facial affect processing in schizophreniaJ Quintana
West Los Angeles VA HCC, School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 25:915-24. 2001..We found that, when the task cues were facial expressions in contrast to color circles, the schizophrenic group exhibited increased activation of the face movement areas in motor and pre-motor cortex...
- Anterior cingulate dysfunction during choice anticipation in schizophreniaJavier Quintana
Greater Los Angeles VA Health Care System and VA VISN22 Mental Illness, Research, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Psychiatry Res 132:117-30. 2004..These results reveal an ACGC dysfunction during choice anticipation in schizophrenia and suggest that it might underlie the foresight deficits seen in schizophrenic patients...
- Brain dysfunctions during facial discrimination in schizophrenia: selective association to affect decodingJavier Quintana
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles CA 90095, USA
Psychiatry Res 191:44-50. 2011..Our findings suggest that schizophrenia patients and healthy controls may utilize different neural networks when processing facial emotional information...
- Prefrontal-posterior parietal networks in schizophrenia: primary dysfunctions and secondary compensationsJavier Quintana
West Los Angeles Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:12-24. 2003....
- Variability in neuronal activity in primate cortex during working memory tasksM Shafi
Neuropsychiatric Institute, 760 Westwood Plaza, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1759, USA
Neuroscience 146:1082-108. 2007..These results may serve as a guide in the evaluation of current theories of the cortical mechanisms of working memory...
- Right lateral fusiform gyrus dysfunction during facial information processing in schizophreniaJavier Quintana
West Los Angeles VA Health Care Center, and Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90024 1759, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:1099-112. 2003....
- Classification of spatially unaligned fMRI scansAriana Anderson
Department of Statistics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroimage 49:2509-19. 2010....