Lee A Pyles
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Parent and emergency physician comfort with a system of on-line emergency-focused medical summaries for infants with significant cardiac diseaseLee A Pyles
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Amplatz Children s Hospital, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:534-41. 2011..The MEMSCIS program helps to prepare the family and the emergency system for care of CSHCN outside of the medical home...
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation induced cardiac dysfunction in newborn lambsLee A Pyles
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Amplatz Children s Hospital, 420 Delaware St, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 3:625-34. 2010..We should continue to strive to understand and ameliorate this deleterious effect of the extracorporeal circulation circuit...
- Development of a web-based database to manage American College of Emergency Physicians/American Academy of Pediatrics Emergency Information FormsLee A Pyles
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mayo Mail Center 94, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Acad Emerg Med 12:257-61. 2005..The organization, security, and relationship of the site to electronic health records are described...
- Pediatric Cardiac Care Consortium: an instrument for evidence-based clinical decision supportLee A Pyles
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Duluth, MN, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 2:219-24. 2009..The PCCC registry allows longitudinal consideration of issues such as staged repairs and incidence of unplanned reoperation. In future years, the PCCC can facilitate investigations into the etiology of congenital heart disease...
- Permanent pacemaker for atrioventricular conduction block after operative repair of perimembranous ventricular septal defectElliot M Tucker
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1196-200. 2007....
- Two-ventricle repairs in the unbalanced atrioventricular canal defect spectrum with midterm follow-upJohn E Foker
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 146:854-860.e3. 2013..Catch-up growth would solve this problem and was induced by increasing HAVV flow. The objectives were to assess reliability of HV and HAVV growth and provide 5- to 15-year 2VR follow-up...
- Mitral and tricuspid valve repair and growth in unbalanced atrial ventricular canal defectsJohn E Foker
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:S29-32. 2012..Midterm data were assessed for reliability of catch-up growth, resulting quality of atrioventricular valves, and adequacy of 2-ventricle repairs...
- "Vanishing" pulmonary valve stenosisNofil I Arain
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, East Building, Minneapolis, MN, US
Ann Pediatr Cardiol 5:47-50. 2012..Both spontaneous resolution and progression of mild pulmonary valve stenosis (PS) have been reported. We reviewed characteristics of the pulmonary valve (PV) to determine factors that could influence resolution of mild PS...
- Treatment of right ventricle to coronary artery connections in infants with pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septumJohn E Foker
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:749-56. 2008..Our purpose is to present the first series of right ventricle to coronary artery connections ligated off bypass before right ventricular decompression and to evaluate the consequences of this approach...
- Role of pediatricians in advocating life support training courses for parents and the publicJane F Knapp
Pediatrics 114:1676. 2004....
- Role of pediatricians in advocating life support training courses for parents and the publicLee A Pyles
Pediatrics 114:e761-5. 2004..Pediatricians will improve the chance of survival of children and adults who experience cardiac arrest by advocating for basic life support training and participating in basic life support courses as participants and teachers...