Affiliation: University of California
- Unique monocyte subset in patients with AIDS dementiaL Pulliam
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Lancet 349:692-5. 1997..Blood monocytes probably cross the blood-brain barrier and give rise ultimately to parenchyma macrophages. We looked for a specific monocyte subset in AIDS patients with dementia...
- CPI-1189 attenuates effects of suspected neurotoxins associated with AIDS dementia: a possible role for ERK activationL Pulliam
Departments of Laboratory Medicine and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Brain Res 893:95-103. 2001..These findings may have implications for other neurological diseases where apoptotic cell death contributes to neurodegeneration...
- Biomarkers of HIV-1 CNS infection and injuryR W Price
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neurology 69:1781-8. 2007..This review considers the rationale and prospects of these approaches...
- HIV-1 envelope gp120 alters astrocytes in human brain culturesL Pulliam
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 9:439-44. 1993..We hypothesize that AIDS dementia may partially involve a perturbation of astrocyte function by gp120 that could indirectly impair neuronal function...
- Interleukin-1beta up-regulates expression of neurofilament light in human neuronal cellsH Rempel
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Neurochem 78:640-5. 2001..These observations suggest a potential inflammatory-induced mechanism for deregulation of an important cytoskeletal protein, NF-L, possibly leading to neuronal dysfunction...
- Updated research nosology for HIV-associated neurocognitive disordersA Antinori
Clinical Department, National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani, Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Neurology 69:1789-99. 2007..An algorithm is proposed to assist in standardized diagnostic classification of HAND...