Sheeja T Pullarkat
Affiliation: University of California
- Systemic mastocytosis with plasma cell dyscrasia: report of a caseSheeja T Pullarkat
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States
Leuk Res 32:1160-3. 2008..We also discuss the pathologic interaction between the neoplastic mast cells of SM and the lymphoid/plasma cell malignancy when these two entities coexist...
- Megakaryocytic blast crisis as a presenting manifestation of chronic myeloid leukemiaSheeja T Pullarkat
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States
Leuk Res 32:1770-5. 2008..Blast crisis as a presenting manifestation of CML is rare and detecting clonal evolution of acute leukemia by specialized cytogenetic techniques may have important diagnostic and therapeutic implications...
- High lifetime incidence of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia among Hispanics in CaliforniaSheeja T Pullarkat
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:611-5. 2009..The higher incidence of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) among Hispanic children relative to that in other racial/ethnic groups is well-known. We evaluated the incidence patterns of ALL in adults...
- Systemic mastocytosis associated with t(8;21)(q22;q22) acute myeloid leukemiaSheeja T Pullarkat
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS, A7 149, Los Angeles, CA, 90095 1732, USA
J Hematop 2:27-33. 2009..SM associated with t(8;21) AML carries a dismal prognosis; therefore, detection of concurrent SM at diagnosis of t(8;21) AML has important prognostic implications...
- Systemic mastocytosis with associated clonal hematological non-mast-cell lineage disease: analysis of clinicopathologic features and activating c-kit mutationsVinod A Pullarkat
Division of Hematology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Hematol 73:12-7. 2003..As clinically effective tyrosine kinase inhibitors that inhibit enzymatic-type c-kit mutations are being developed, detection of mast cell proliferation associated with myeloid malignancy may have important therapeutic implications...
- Risk of lymphoma in patients receiving antitumor necrosis factor therapy: a meta-analysis of published randomized controlled studiesAnna K Wong
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UCSD School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, USA
Clin Rheumatol 31:631-6. 2012..0928. There is a suggestion of increased lymphomas in the treated group, with the predominant subset being B-cell lymphomas. Since the outcome of lymphoma is rare, it does not reach statistical significance of p < 0.05...
- Adult leukemic synovitis is associated with leukemia of monocytic differentiationSara C Acree
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California Los Angeles County Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 17:130-4. 2011..Leukemic synovitis is a rare complication of adult myeloid leukemias characterized by joint pain and swelling. It is important to recognize this diagnostic challenge as it may be the initial manifestation of leukemia or of relapse...