Elizabeth R Pulgaron
Affiliation: University of Miami
- A problem-solving intervention for children with persistent asthma: a pilot of a randomized trial at a pediatric summer campElizabeth R Pulgaron
Mailman Center for Child Development, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
J Asthma 47:1031-9. 2010..Because of the high rate of camp attendance, it may be feasible to implement interventions within that setting; however, it has yet to be determined what components of camp are beneficial...
- Glycemic control in young children with diabetes: the role of parental health literacyElizabeth R Pulgaron
Department of Clinical Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 94:67-70. 2014..This cross sectional study examined the relationship between parental health literacy (HL), diabetes related numeracy, and parental perceived diabetes self-efficacy on glycemic control in a sample of young children with Type 1 DM...
- Quality of life and psychosocial functioning of children with cardiac arrhythmiasElizabeth R Pulgaron
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Psychology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cardiol Young 23:82-8. 2013..Overall, the high functioning of many of these children despite medical trauma is promising. Future studies should consider using some screening measures to decide which children may be most in need of intervention...
- Childhood obesity: a review of increased risk for physical and psychological comorbiditiesElizabeth R Pulgaron
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Psychology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Clin Ther 35:A18-32. 2013..The consequences of childhood and adolescent obesity are extensive, including both medical and psychosocial comorbidities...
- Web-based family intervention for overweight children: a pilot studyAlan M Delamater
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Child Obes 9:57-63. 2013..The objective of this study was to develop and test the initial feasibility and efficacy of a web-based family program for overweight 8- to 12-year-old children...
- Obesity and type 2 diabetes in children: epidemiology and treatmentElizabeth R Pulgaron
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1601 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL, USA, 33136
Curr Diab Rep 14:508. 2014..Obesity and T2D represent significant public health issues with potentially great personal and societal cost. Research addressing the prevention of obesity and T2D among youth is urgently needed. ..
- Mother-father informant discrepancies regarding diabetes management: associations with diabetes-specific family conflict and glycemic controlErica D Sood
Department of Pediatrics, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
Health Psychol 31:571-9. 2012..To examine the relationship of mother-father informant discrepancies regarding diabetes management to diabetes-specific family conflict and glycemic control...