Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Crosstalk between G protein-coupled receptors and tyrosine kinase signaling: Src take centre stageA Ptasznik
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 48:27-30. 2000..In the past few years several groups have found that G protein-coupled receptors utilize non-receptor tyrosine kinases, mostly that of Src family, and some adapter proteins, to regulate tyrosine kinase cascades in cells...
- [Regulation of cellular differentiation and cellular function by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase]A Ptasznik
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104 6100, USA
Postepy Hig Med Dosw 54:609-18. 2000..Thus, the role of PI3Ks in the regulation of differentiation is clearly a very complex process implicating integration between different receptor systems and cell type-specific responses...
- Short interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting the Lyn kinase induces apoptosis in primary, and drug-resistant, BCR-ABL1(+) leukemia cellsAndrzej Ptasznik
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine and Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Med 10:1187-9. 2004..This increased dependence on Lyn signaling for BCR-ABL1(+) blast survival provides the basis for rational treatment of drug-resistant CML blast crisis, particularly when lymphoid in nature...
- BCR-ABL1 alters SDF-1alpha-mediated adhesive responses through the beta2 integrin LFA-1 in leukemia cellsYing Yu Chen
Divisions of Hematology and Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Blood 111:5182-6. 2008..These data provide a novel, LFA-1-mediated mechanism whereby BCR-ABL1 inhibits SDF-1 action in malignant progenitors...
- Expression and oncogenic role of Brk (PTK6/Sik) protein tyrosine kinase in lymphocytesMonika Kasprzycka
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1631-41. 2006..Furthermore, our results indicate that Brk may play a key role in lymphomagenesis, hence identifying the kinase as a potential therapeutic target in lymphomas...
- The Src kinase Lyn is required for CCR5 signaling in response to MIP-1beta and R5 HIV-1 gp120 in human macrophagesBrian Tomkowicz
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 108:1145-50. 2006....
- Integrin inhibition through Lyn-dependent cross talk from CXCR4 chemokine receptors in normal human CD34+ marrow cellsYuji Nakata
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Blood 107:4234-9. 2006..This cross talk may allow chemokine receptors to modulate the arrest of rolling hematopoietic precursors on the surface of bone marrow stromal cells...
- Inhibition of ALK enzymatic activity in T-cell lymphoma cells induces apoptosis and suppresses proliferation and STAT3 phosphorylation independently of Jak3Michal Marzec
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Lab Invest 85:1544-54. 2005..The above results represent the 'proof-of-principle' experiments with regard to the ALK enzymatic activity as an attractive therapeutic target in T-cell lymphomas and other malignancies that express the kinase in an active form...
- Crosstalk between BCR/ABL oncoprotein and CXCR4 signaling through a Src family kinase in human leukemia cellsAndrzej Ptasznik
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6100, USA
J Exp Med 196:667-78. 2002..These results define a Src tyrosine kinases-dependent mechanism whereby BCR/ABL (and potentially other oncoproteins) dysregulates G protein-coupled receptor signaling and function of mammalian precursors...
- Signaling mechanism of HIV-1 gp120 and virion-induced IL-1beta release in primary human macrophagesRicky Cheung
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 180:6675-84. 2008..This study identifies a novel signaling mechanism for HIV-1-induced IL-1beta production by primary human macrophages that may be involved in the neuropathogenesis of HIV-associated dementia...
- Crosstalk between oncoprotein and chemokine signalingAndrzej Ptasznik; Fiscal Year: 2007..The analogous Src kinases-targeted strategy may have application to solid tumors. ..