Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Mechanisms of oleoylethanolamide-induced changes in feeding behavior and motor activityKarine Proulx
Genome Research Institute, ML 0506, University of Cincinnati, 2170 E Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R729-37. 2005..Despite that OEA-induced anorexia is unlikely to be due to impaired motor activity, our data raise a cautionary note in how specific behavioral and metabolic effects of OEA should be interpreted...
- The effect of adrenalectomy on ghrelin secretion and orexigenic actionK Proulx
Department of Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 17:445-51. 2005..The results also suggest that, unlike the orexigenic effects of NPY and AgRP, the ability of ghrelin to stimulate food intake is maintained in ADX rats...
- Leptin regulates appetite-related neuropeptides in the hypothalamus of developing rats without affecting food intakeKarine Proulx
McGill University, Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Endocrinology 143:4683-92. 2002..We conclude that despite adult-like effects of leptin on POMC, NPY, and CRFR-2 expression in neonates, leptin does not regulate food intake during early development...
- The regulation of energy balance by the central nervous systemKarine Proulx
Department of Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2170 East Galbraith Road, ML 0506, Building 43, Room 312, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:25-38, vii. 2005
- Central administration of melanin-concentrating hormone increases alcohol and sucrose/quinine intake in ratsElizabeth A Duncan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:958-64. 2005..e., anxiety, fluid balance, and reward). We tested the hypothesis that MCH would decrease the motivation to consume alcohol secondarily to reducing anxiety...
- Hypothalamic mTOR signaling regulates food intakeDaniela Cota
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Genome Research Institute, 2170 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Science 312:927-30. 2006..Thus, mTOR is a cellular fuel sensor whose hypothalamic activity is directly tied to the regulation of energy intake...
- Comparisons of behavioral and neurochemical characteristics between WKY, WKHA, and Wistar rat strainsGuy Drolet
CHUL Research Centre, Neuroscience Unit, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:400-9. 2002..Although these characteristics may make them interesting models in their own right, it also follows that the conclusions of any study based on comparisons of one particular strain to just WKY should be interpreted very cautiously...
- The role of CNS fuel sensing in energy and glucose regulationDaniela Cota
Department of Psychiatry, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237, USA
Gastroenterology 132:2158-68. 2007..The corollary to this hypothesis is that dysregulation of these fuel-sensing mechanisms in the brain may contribute to metabolic dysregulation underlying diseases, such as obesity and type 2 diabetes...