Susan B Promes
Affiliation: University of California
- Pitfalls in first-trimester bleedingSusan B Promes
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0203, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 28:219-34, x. 2010..Causes of first-trimester vaginal bleeding include implantation bleeding, spontaneous abortions, ectopic pregnancy, and lesions involving the female reproductive system and perineal area infections...
- Gaps in procedural experience and competency in medical school graduatesSusan B Promes
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:S58-62. 2009..The hypothesis of this study was that more procedural training opportunities in medical school are associated with higher first-year resident self-reported competency with common medical procedures at the beginning of residency training...
- The development of the emergency medicine milestonesMichael S Beeson
Department of Emergency Medicine, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH, USA
Acad Emerg Med 20:724-9. 2013..The ACGME and the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) convened an EM milestone working group to develop the EM milestones. This article describes the development, use within the NAS, and challenges of the EM milestones. ..
- Evaluating educational interventions in emergency medicineNicole M DeIorio
Department of Emergency Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:1442-53. 2012..The authors present final statements to guide future research aimed at evaluating the best methods for understanding and developing successful EM curricula using all types of educational interventions...
- Recommendations from the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Taskforce on women in academic emergency medicineGloria J Kuhn
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 15:762-7. 2008..This article contains those recommendations and cites the relevant literature addressing this topic...