Genomes and Genes
W R Proctor
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Ethanol differentially enhances hippocampal GABA A receptor-mediated responses in protein kinase C gamma (PKC gamma) and PKC epsilon null miceW R Proctor
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Research Service, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:264-70. 2003..These results suggest that PKCgamma and PKCepsilon signaling pathways reciprocally modulate both ethanol enhancement of GABA(A) receptor function and hypnotic sensitivity to ethanol...
- Differential effects of ethanol on gamma-aminobutyric acid-A receptor-mediated synaptic currents in congenic strains of inbred long and short-sleep miceWilliam R Proctor
Veterans Affairs Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Denver, Colorado, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:1277-83. 2004..These congenic mouse strains are ideally suited for asking which QTL regions might correlate with other phenotypes that differ between ILS and ISS mice. Here we used the congenics to investigate altered GABAA responses to ethanol...
- Synaptic GABAergic and glutamatergic mechanisms underlying alcohol sensitivity in mouse hippocampal neuronsW R Proctor
VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Denver, CO80220, USA
J Physiol 575:145-59. 2006..Furthermore, these results provide essential information to focus better on appropriate target sites for more effective drug development for the treatment of alcohol abuse...
- Modulation of mammalian dendritic GABA(A) receptor function by the kinetics of Cl- and HCO3- transportK J Staley
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Physiol 519:693-712. 1999..5. Using a standard model of membrane potential, these conditions are demonstrated to be sufficient to produce the experimentally observed, activity-dependent GABA(A) depolarizing response in pyramidal cell dendrites...
- Differential GABAB Receptor Modulation of Ethanol Effects on GABA(A) synaptic activity in hippocampal CA1 neuronsPeter H Wu
Dept of Psychiatry C 261, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:1082-9. 2005....