Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Zebrafish hox genes: genomic organization and modified colinear expression patterns in the trunkV E Prince
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, NJ 08544, USA
Development 125:407-20. 1998..In the teleost zebrafish, axial organization is relatively simple in comparison to that of the tetrapod vertebrates; this may be reflected by the less dispersed expression domains of the zebrafish hox genes...
- The Hox Paradox: More complex(es) than imaginedVictoria Prince
Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy, Committees on Developmental Biology, Neurobiology, Genetics and Evolutionary Biology, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Dev Biol 249:1-15. 2002..Here, I review our understanding of Hox cluster architecture in different vertebrates and consider the implications of gene duplication for Hox gene regulation and function and the evolution of different body plans...
- The fates of zebrafish Hox gene duplicatesChris Jozefowicz
The Committees on Evolutionary Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 3:185-94. 2003..A convenient system for these studies is the zebrafish, Danio rerio, which has become a popular genetic and embryological model...
- spiel ohne grenzen/pou2 is required for zebrafish hindbrain segmentationGiselbert Hauptmann
Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Institut für Biologie I, Hauptstrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Development 129:1645-55. 2002..We propose that spg/pou2 is an essential component of the regulatory cascade controlling hindbrain segmentation and acts before krx20 and val in the establishment of rhombomere precursor territories...
- Evolutionary divergence of vertebrate Hoxb2 expression patterns and transcriptional regulatory lociJean Luc Scemama
Department of Biology, Howell Science Complex, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, USA
J Exp Zool 294:285-99. 2002..Our results suggest that the plasticity exhibited in the organization of key regulatory elements responsible for rhombomere-specific Hoxb2a expression may reflect the effects of stabilizing selection in the evolution cis-acting elements...
- Comparative genomic analysis of vertebrate Hox3 and Hox4 genesThorsten Hadrys
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, NYU Medical School, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 302:147-64. 2004..Despite limited conservation of regulatory sequences, zebrafish hoxa3a and hoxb3a genes share very similar expression profiles...
- Conserved co-regulation and promoter sharing of hoxb3a and hoxb4a in zebrafishThorsten Hadrys
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, NYU Medical School, New York, NY 10016, USA
Dev Biol 297:26-43. 2006..We conclude that the similarity of hoxb3a/Hoxa3 regulatory mechanisms reflect the shared descent of both genes from a single ancestral paralog group 3 gene...