H G Prigerson
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Traumatic grief as a risk factor for mental and physical morbidityH G Prigerson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, PA 15213, USA
Am J Psychiatry 154:616-23. 1997..The aim of this study was to confirm and extend the authors' previous work indicating that symptoms of traumatic grief are predictors of future physical and mental health outcomes...
- Complicated grief as a disorder distinct from bereavement-related depression and anxiety: a replication studyH G Prigerson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 153:1484-6. 1996..This study sought to confirm in an independent, nonclinical study group previous work which demonstrated that the symptoms of complicated grief were distinct from the symptoms of bereavement related depression and anxiety...
- Influence of traumatic grief on suicidal ideation among young adultsH G Prigerson
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:1994-5. 1999..The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of traumatic grief on suicidal ideation...
- Preliminary explorations of the effects of prior trauma and loss on risk for psychiatric disorders in recently widowed peopleG K Silverman
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 38:202-15. 2001..This study compared the relative influence of childhood and adulthood adversities on current diagnoses of Major Depressive Episode (MDE), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Grief (TG) among recently widowed older adults...
- Perspectives on care at the close of life. Caring for bereaved patients: "all the doctors just suddenly go"H G Prigerson
Department of Psychiatry, Connecticut Mental Health Center, 34 Park St, Room 522, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
JAMA 286:1369-76. 2001....
- Sex differences in event-related risk for major depressionP K Maciejewski
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Psychol Med 31:593-604. 2001..CONCLUSION: Stressful life events overall, with some exceptions among specific event types, pose a greater risk for depression among women compared to men...