Angela P Presson
Affiliation: University of California
- Merging microsatellite data: enhanced methodology and software to combine genotype data for linkage and association analysisAngela P Presson
Department of Human Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:317. 2008..A consequence of such alignments is that codominant genotypes must often be analyzed as phenotypes. In this paper we describe several extensions that are implemented in MicroMerge version 2 (v2)...
- Integrated weighted gene co-expression network analysis with an application to chronic fatigue syndromeAngela P Presson
Biostatistics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Syst Biol 2:95. 2008..Here we show that the additional inclusion of genetic marker data allows one to characterize network relationships as causal or reactive in a chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) data set...
- Protein expression based multimarker analysis of breast cancer samplesAngela P Presson
Department of Biostatistics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
BMC Cancer 11:230. 2011..Several studies have shown that TMA data can also be used to cluster patients into clinically distinct groups. Here we use breast cancer TMA data to cluster patients into distinct prognostic groups...
- Methodology and software to detect viral integration site hot-spotsAngela P Presson
Department of Biostatistics, University of California Los Angeles, School of Public Health, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:367. 2011..This is problematic for comparing hot-spot distributions across data sets and patients, where the VIS numbers may vary...
- Merging microsatellite dataAngela P Presson
Department of Statistics, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Comput Biol 13:1131-47. 2006..It also reports when data sets cannot be confidently merged. These features are emphasized in our analysis of simulated and real data...
- High-throughput, sensitive quantification of repopulating hematopoietic stem cell clonesSanggu Kim
Department of Microbiology, University of California, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Virol 84:11771-80. 2010..This assay permits high-throughput and sensitive assessment of clonal populations and hence will be useful for a broad range of gene therapy, stem cell, and cancer research applications...
- Pathway analysis software: annotation errors and solutionsNicole K Henderson-Maclennan
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
Mol Genet Metab 101:134-40. 2010..We propose a wiki type website to facilitate communication of bioinformatics software problems within the scientific community...