Valerie G Press
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Teaching the use of respiratory inhalers to hospitalized patients with asthma or COPD: a randomized trialValerie G Press
Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 5000, W328, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1317-25. 2012..Hospitalized patients frequently misuse their respiratory inhalers, yet it is unclear what the most effective hospital-based educational intervention is for this population...
- Interventions to improve outcomes for minority adults with asthma: a systematic reviewValerie G Press
Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 5000, W305, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1001-15. 2012..To systematically review the literature to characterize interventions with potential to improve outcomes for minority patients with asthma...
- The Chicago Breathe Project: a regional approach to improving education on asthma inhalers for resident physicians and minority patientsValerie G Press
Section of Hospital Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:548-55. 2010..Asthma affects minority citizens in Chicago disproportionately. Policy changes introducing hydrofluroalkane (HFA) inhalers may worsen already-existing health disparities related to asthma...
- Misuse of respiratory inhalers in hospitalized patients with asthma or COPDValerie G Press
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Instructor, Section of Hospital Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:635-42. 2011..Unfortunately, medications dispensed via respiratory inhalers to patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can be difficult to use...
- Internal medicine residents' comfort with and frequency of providing dietary counseling to diabetic patientsJoyce W Tang
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 750 N Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1140-3. 2009..Resident physicians' preparedness to provide dietary counseling for the rising number of diabetic patients is unclear...
- Confirmatory spirometry for adults hospitalized with a diagnosis of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbationValentin Prieto Centurion
University of Illinios at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Pulm Med 12:73. 2012..This study was designed to determine the feasibility of spirometry and to determine its utility to confirm the diagnosis in patients hospitalized with a physician diagnosis of asthma or COPD exacerbation...
- IBCD: development and testing of a checklist to improve quality of care for hospitalized general medical patientsAnthony V Aspesi
Quality and Safety Scholarship and Discovery Track, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 39:147-56. 2013..Several studies have demonstrated the usefulness of medical checklists to improve quality of care in surgery and the ICU. The feasibility, effectiveness, and sustainability of a checklist was explored...
- Patient-centered care and its effect on outcomes in the treatment of asthmaNashmia Qamar
Pediatric Residency Program, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Patient Relat Outcome Meas 2:81-109. 2011..Despite the need for further research, enough evidence exists that supports incorporating a patient-centered approach to asthma management, in order to achieve improved outcomes and patient health...