Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Reduced antinociception of opioids in rats and mice by vaccination with immunogens containing oxycodone and hydrocodone haptensMarco Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 701 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
J Med Chem 56:915-23. 2013..Amide conjugation showed higher haptenation ratios and greater efficacy than thioether conjugation to maleimide activated KLH (mKLH). The 6OXY(Gly)(4)-KLH vaccine may be used for treatment of prescription opioid abuse...
- Co-administration of morphine and oxycodone vaccines reduces the distribution of 6-monoacetylmorphine and oxycodone to brain in ratsM Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 600 Shapiro Building, 914 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Vaccine 30:4617-24. 2012..These data support the possibility of co-administering two or more opioid vaccines concurrently to target multiple abusable opioids without compromising the immunogenicity or efficacy of the individual components...
- Structurally distinct nicotine immunogens elicit antibodies with non-overlapping specificitiesM Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 600 Shapiro Bldg, 914 S 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 83:543-50. 2012..This approach could be applicable to other addiction vaccines or small molecule targets as well...
- An oxycodone conjugate vaccine elicits drug-specific antibodies that reduce oxycodone distribution to brain and hot-plate analgesiaM Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:225-32. 2012..Immunization with OXY(Gly)(4)-KLH also reduced OXY analgesia in a thermal nociception test. These data support further study of vaccination with the OXY(Gly)(4)-KLH immunogen as a potential treatment option for OXY abuse or addiction...
- Selective effects of a morphine conjugate vaccine on heroin and metabolite distribution and heroin-induced behaviors in ratsM D Raleigh
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 344:397-406. 2013..These data support a critical role for 6-MAM in mediating the early effects of i.v. heroin and suggest that reducing 6-MAM concentration in brain is essential to the efficacy of morphine conjugate vaccines...
- Hapten-specific naïve B cells are biomarkers of vaccine efficacy against drugs of abuseJ J Taylor
University of Minnesota, Department of Microbiology, Center for Immunology, 2101 6th Street SE, 2 142 MBB, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol Methods 405:74-86. 2014..Analysis of hapten-specific naïve and activated B cells may aid rational vaccine design and provide screening tools to predict vaccine clinical efficacy against drugs of abuse or other small molecules. ..
- Vaccination against nicotine alters the distribution of nicotine delivered via cigarette smoke inhalation to ratsM Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 81:1164-70. 2011..v. or s.c. nicotine dosing and provide a quantitative method for studying aspects of nicotine exposure which are unique to cigarette smoke inhalation...