Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Obstructive sleep apnea and asthma: associations and treatment implicationsBharati Prasad
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep, and Allergy, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA Center for Narcolepsy, Sleep and Health Research, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA Electronic address
Sleep Med Rev 18:165-71. 2014..Future research should focus on the impact of optimal CPAP therapy and adherence on asthma symptoms and outcomes. ..
- Effects of positive airway pressure treatment on clinical measures of hypertension and type 2 diabetesBharati Prasad
Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 8:481-7. 2012..We examined the effectiveness of OSA treatment on clinical blood pressure and diabetes control measures in men with preexisting systemic hypertension or type 2 diabetes...
- Continuous positive airway pressure device-based automated detection of obstructive sleep apnea compared to standard laboratory polysomnographyBharati Prasad
Sleep Science Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Sleep Breath 14:101-7. 2010....
- Prospective trial of efficacy and safety of ondansetron and fluoxetine in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeBharati Prasad
Center for Narcolepsy, Sleep and Health Research, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 South Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Sleep 33:982-9. 2010..We aimed to test the hypothesis that a combination of ondansetron (Ond) and fluoxetine (Fl) may effectively reduce expression of disordered breathing during REM and NREM sleep in patients with OSA...
- Pupillometric assessment of sleepiness in narcolepsyBharati Prasad
Center for Narcolepsy, Sleep and Health Research, University of Illinois at Chicago Chicago, IL, USA
Front Psychiatry 2:35. 2011..Conclusion: The role of PUI in quantifying and distinguishing sleepiness of narcolepsy from sleep-satiated healthy controls merits further investigation as it is a portable, brief, and objective test...
- Interventions to reduce rehospitalizations after chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations. A systematic reviewValentin Prieto-Centurion
1 Department of Medicine, Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy Medicine, and
Ann Am Thorac Soc 11:417-24. 2014....
- Proof of concept trial of dronabinol in obstructive sleep apneaBharati Prasad
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago Chicago, IL, USA
Front Psychiatry 4:1. 2013..5-10 mg daily and significantly reduces AHI in the short-term. These findings should be confirmed in a larger study in order to identify sub-populations with OSA that may benefit from cannabimimetic pharmacologic therapy...