Genomes and Genes
Gregory B Potter
Affiliation: University of California
- Generation of Cre-transgenic mice using Dlx1/Dlx2 enhancers and their characterization in GABAergic interneuronsGregory B Potter
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2611, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 40:167-86. 2009..Finally, we provide the first in vivo evidence that both I12b and URE2 are direct targets of DLX2 and require Dlx1 and Dlx2 expression for proper activity...
- Dlx1&2 and Mash1 transcription factors control striatal patterning and differentiation through parallel and overlapping pathwaysJason E Long
Department of Psychiatry and the Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158 2324, USA
J Comp Neurol 512:556-72. 2009..These analyses define core transcriptional components that differentially specify the identity and differentiation of the striatum, nucleus accumbens, and septum...
- Olig1 function is required to repress dlx1/2 and interneuron production in Mammalian brainJohn C Silbereis
Department of Pediatrics, Eli and Edythe Broad Institute for Stem Cell Research and Regeneration Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA Department of Neurosurgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
Neuron 81:574-87. 2014..These findings establish Olig1 as an essential repressor of Dlx1/2 and interneuron production in developing mammalian brain. ..
- Chronic reduction in inhibition reduces receptive field size in mouse auditory cortexBryan A Seybold
Coleman Memorial Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13829-34. 2012..Our findings suggest chronic conditions that feature changes in inhibitory circuitry are not likely to be well modeled by acute network manipulations, and compensation may be a critical component of chronic neuronal conditions...
- Dlx1 and Dlx2 control neuronal versus oligodendroglial cell fate acquisition in the developing forebrainMagdalena A Petryniak
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2611, USA
Neuron 55:417-33. 2007..Our results identify another role for Dlx genes as modulators of neuron versus oligodendrocyte development in the ventral embryonic forebrain...
- A time and a place for nkx2-1 in interneuron specification and migrationLaura A B Elias
Institute for Regeneration Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 59:679-82. 2008..demonstrate that postmitotic Nkx2-1 regulates migration and sorting of interneurons to the striatum or cortex by controlling the expression of the guidance receptor, Neuropilin-2...
- CXCR4 and CXCR7 have distinct functions in regulating interneuron migrationYanling Wang
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Neuron 69:61-76. 2011..On the other hand, CXCL12 stimulation of CXCR7, but not CXCR4, promoted MAP kinase signaling. Thus, we suggest that CXCR4 and CXCR7 have distinct roles and signal transduction in regulating interneuron movement and laminar positioning...
- Myelin restoration: progress and prospects for human cell replacement therapiesGregory B Potter
Department of Pediatrics, UCSF, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0525, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 59:179-93. 2011..We summarize studies in which different types of myelin-forming cells have been transplanted into the CNS and highlight the continuing challenges regarding the use of cell-based therapies for human white matter disorders...