Douglas M Potter
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Pitfalls in retrospective analyses of biomarkers: a case study with metastatic melanoma patientsDouglas M Potter
Biostatistics Facility, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, 201 North Craig Street, Suite 325, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
J Immunol Methods 376:108-12. 2012..We describe a new study of the association of serum biomarker level with overall survival in melanoma patients, and the problems encountered in carrying it out...
- Regulation of antigen presentation machinery in human dendritic cells by recombinant adenovirusLazar Vujanovic
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 58:121-33. 2009..These data identify molecular changes in AdV-transduced DC (AdV/DC) that could influence T cell priming and should be considered in design of cancer vaccines...
- Multiplex serum biomarker assessments: technical and biostatistical issuesLisa H Butterfield
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Transl Med 9:173. 2011..Many of these studies seek biomarkers among circulating proteins accessed in blood. Many levels of standardization in materials and procedures have been identified which can impact the resulting data...
- LOH in the HLA Class I Region at 6p21 Is Associated with Shorter Survival in Newly Diagnosed Adult GlioblastomaJacky T Yeung
Authors Affiliations Departments of Neurological Surgery, Pathology, Surgery and Immunology, and Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Department of Biostatistics, Graduate School of Public Health and Brain Tumor Program and Biostatistics Facility, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Clin Cancer Res 19:1816-26. 2013..In this study, we examined the prevalence of these LOH events and their relations with overall survival in GBM...
- MUC1 vaccine for individuals with advanced adenoma of the colon: a cancer immunoprevention feasibility studyTakashi Kimura
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:18-26. 2013..g., high levels of MDSC) might already exist in some individuals, suggesting an even earlier premalignant stage or preselection of nonimmunosuppressed patients for prophylactic vaccination...
- A phase I/II study of capecitabine given on a week on/week off schedule combined with bevacizumab and oxaliplatin for patients with untreated advanced colorectal cancerRajesh Sehgal
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 10:117-20. 2011..A week on/week off capecitabine schedule with oxaliplatin/bevacizumab was evaluated in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- Adenovirus MART-1-engineered autologous dendritic cell vaccine for metastatic melanomaLisa H Butterfield
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Immunother 31:294-309. 2008..Responses in CD8+ and CD4+ T cells to additional antigens were noted in 2 patients. The AdVMART1-transduced DC vaccine was safe and immunogenic in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Humoral immune response to abnormal MUC1 in subjects with colorectal adenoma and cancerAnn Willman Silk
University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine and Clinical Scientist Training Program, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, United States
Mol Immunol 47:52-6. 2009..045 OD vs. 0.030 OD; p=0.017). Our data support further studies into the potential role of anti-MUC1 immunity in preventing progression of premalignant colon lesions to colon cancer...
- Dicer-regulated microRNAs 222 and 339 promote resistance of cancer cells to cytotoxic T-lymphocytes by down-regulation of ICAM-1Ryo Ueda
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10746-51. 2009..This study suggests development of novel miR-targeted therapy to promote cytolysis of tumor cells...