Anton P Porsteinsson
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Valproate therapy for agitation in dementia: open-label extension of a double-blind trialAnton P Porsteinsson
Department of Psychiatry, Program in Neurobehavioral Therapeutics, University of Rochester Medical Center and Monroe Community Hospital, Tochester, NY 14620, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:434-40. 2003..The authors describe an open-label extension of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of divalproex sodium in 56 nursing home patients with agitation and dementia...
- Memantine treatment in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease already receiving a cholinesterase inhibitor: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialAnton P Porsteinsson
Alzheimer s Disease Care, Research and Education Program, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:83-9. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of memantine in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD) receiving cholinesterase inhibitor (ChEI) treatment...
- The impact of AD drug treatments on event-related potentials as markers of disease conversionRobert M Chapman
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, 775 Library Road, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 10:732-41. 2013..These results provide practical information to those using ERP measures as a biomarker to identify and track AD in individuals in a clinical or research setting. ..
- C145 as a short-latency electrophysiological index of cognitive compensation in Alzheimer's diseaseRobert M Chapman
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Center for Visual Science at the University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 33:55-68. 2013....
- Memantine in the treatment of mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's diseaseKelly M Cosman
University of Rochester School of Medicine, Alzheimer s Disease Care Research and Education Program AD CARE, Monroe Community Hospital, 435 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:203-14. 2007..However, the differences between treatment groups were not consistently significant. Two ongoing long-term trials are further investigating the efficacy of memantine in the treatment of mild-to-moderate AD...
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease using neuropsychological testing improved by multivariate analysesRobert M Chapman
Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0270, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 32:793-808. 2010....
- Meta-analysis of Alzheimer's disease risk with obesity, diabetes, and related disordersLouis A Profenno
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:505-12. 2010..Other risk factors may be obesity and diabetes and related disorders, which are highly prevalent...
- Depression predicts cognitive disorders in older primary care patientsLisa L Boyle
Department of Psychiatry, Box PSYCH, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:74-9. 2010..To investigate whether depression is independently associated with increased risk of incident dementia or cognitive disorder not otherwise specified (NOS) in an older primary care population...
- Divalproex sodium for the treatment of behavioural problems associated with dementia in the elderlyAnton P Porsteinsson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
Drugs Aging 23:877-86. 2006..Further research is needed to determine the optimal use of divalproex sodium for the treatment of neuropsychiatric symptoms of dementia and the long-term benefits, if any, of its use in this patient population...
- Choosing treatment for Alzheimer's patients and their caregiversLon S Schneider
Geriatrics 58:3-18, 23; quiz 19-22. 2003
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of aripiprazole for the treatment of psychosis in nursing home patients with Alzheimer diseaseJoel E Streim
Section on Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:537-50. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of aripiprazole treatment for psychotic symptoms associated with Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Design of Depression in Alzheimer's Disease Study-2Barbara K Martin
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:920-30. 2006....
- Clinical application of operationalized criteria for 'Depression of Alzheimer's Disease'Paul B Rosenberg
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:119-27. 2005..Criteria for the diagnosis of dAD have been proposed previously...
- Depression in Alzheimer's Disease Study 2 (DIADS-2)Anton Porsteinsson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The predictive validity of defining depression in AD using a symptom scale or each of these syndromes will be assessed longitudinally against the various study outcomes, and against efficacy of response to antidepressant treatment. ..