Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Transcriptional signatures of cellular plasticity in mice lacking the alpha1 subunit of GABAA receptorsIgor Ponomarev
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Neurosci 26:5673-83. 2006....
- Gene coexpression networks in human brain identify epigenetic modifications in alcohol dependenceIgor Ponomarev
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research and the College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Neurosci 32:1884-97. 2012..Our results offer implications for epigenetic therapeutics in alcohol and drug addiction...
- Molecular profiles of drinking alcohol to intoxication in C57BL/6J miceMegan K Mulligan
University of Texas at Austin, Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research, Austin, Texas, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:659-70. 2011..The main goal was to identify alcohol-responsive genes and functional categories after a single episode of drinking to intoxication...
- Chronic self-administration of alcohol results in elevated ΔFosB: comparison of hybrid mice with distinct drinking patternsANGELA R OZBURN
Waggoner Center for Alcoholism and Addiction Research, Institute for Neuroscience, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
BMC Neurosci 13:130. 2012..In the present study, we tested the hypothesis that these phenotypes are represented by differential production of the inducible transcription factor, ΔFosB, in reward, aversion, and stress related brain regions...
- Amygdala transcriptome and cellular mechanisms underlying stress-enhanced fear learning in a rat model of posttraumatic stress disorderIgor Ponomarev
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research and the College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, 1 University Station, Austin, TX, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:1402-11. 2010....
- Toward understanding the genetics of alcohol drinking through transcriptome meta-analysisMegan K Mulligan
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research and Sections of Neurobiology, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6368-73. 2006..The present study demonstrates the use of (i) a microarray meta-analysis to analyze a behavioral phenotype (in this case, alcohol preference) and (ii) a congenic strain for identification of cis regulation...
- Neuroimmune regulation of alcohol consumption: behavioral validation of genes obtained from genomic studiesYuri A Blednov
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research, Section of Neurobiology and Department Pharmacology Toxicology, University of Texas, Austin, USA
Addict Biol 17:108-20. 2012..Specifically, they suggest a novel role for neuroimmune signaling in regulation of alcohol consumption...
- gamma-Aminobutyric acid A receptor subunit mutant mice: new perspectives on alcohol actionsStephen L Boehm
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research, University of Texas, 1 University Station A4800, Austin, TX 78712 0159, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 68:1581-602. 2004..However, three-way validation is hampered by the incomplete behavioral characterization of many of the mutant mice, and additional subunits are likely to be linked to alcohol actions as behavioral testing progresses...
- Gene expression in brain and liver produced by three different regimens of alcohol consumption in mice: comparison with immune activationElizabeth Osterndorff-Kahanek
Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research, Colleges of Natural Science and Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59870. 2013..We demonstrate common consequences of chronic alcohol consumption and immune activation in both liver and brain and show distinct genomic consequences of different types of alcohol consumption...