Affiliation: University of Notre Dame
- Hormone-refractory prostate cancer in the Lobund-Wistar ratMorris Pollard
Lobund Institute, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 230:520-6. 2005..Both spontaneous and chemically induced autochthonous HRPC model systems serve as outstanding models for studies on the prevention and therapy of refractory cancer...
- Dietary prevention of hormone refractory prostate cancer in Lobund-Wistar rats: a review of studies in a relevant animal modelMorris Pollard
Lobund Institute, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
Comp Med 56:461-7. 2006..The accumulated data indicate that soy-based diets are effective in the prevention of prostate cancer...
- Susceptibility of Lobund-Wistar x Copenhagen hybrid rats to autochthonous prostate carcinogenesisMark A Suckow
Lobund Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Prostate 64:203-8. 2005..Transplantation of the Dunning R-3327 prostate tumor cell line is a common model of prostate cancer, though the rat strain (Copenhagen) from which the cell line was derived is resistant to spontaneous and chemically induced prostate cancer...
- Fas ligand expression and its correlation with apoptosis and proliferation in Lobund-Wistar prostate carcinomasLinda S Gutierrez
Walther Cancer Center, Notre Dame, IN, USA
Pathobiology 72:260-8. 2005..Although FasL expression has been observed in a subset of human prostate carcinomas, this multistage model allowed in vivo evaluation of subclones of malignant cells with a single genetic susceptibility...
- Vaccination against prostate cancer using a live tissue factor deficient cell line in Lobund-Wistar ratsJulie E Heinrich
University of Notre Dame Biological Sciences, Notre Dame, IN, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 56:725-30. 2007..These results offer the intriguing possibility that the TFD PAIII vaccine is an effective system for the prevention and, possibly, the treatment of prostate cancer...
- The anti-ischemia agent ranolazine promotes the development of intestinal tumors in APC(Min/+) miceMark A Suckow
Walther Cancer Center, 400 Freimann Life Science Center, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Cancer Lett 209:165-9. 2004..Tumors from drug-treated mice were also more dysplastic and invasive than those from untreated mice. These findings have implications for the use of ranolazine in patients with a history of malignant neoplasms or adenomatous polyps...
- Prevention of de novo prostate cancer by immunization with tumor-derived vaccinesMark A Suckow
Lobund Institute, University of Notre Dame, 400 Freimann Life Science Center, Notre Dame, IN, 46556, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 54:571-6. 2005..These results demonstrate the possibility that prostate cancer can be prevented by immunization with vaccines based on whole tumor-derived vaccines...
- Cross-species global and subset gene expression profiling identifies genes involved in prostate cancer response to seleniumMichael Schlicht
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
BMC Genomics 5:58. 2004..This method is made possible through the use of highly controlled spotted cDNA slide production and the use of comparative bioinformatics databases without the use of cross-species slide hybridizations...
- Rat prostate tumors express cancer procoagulant, an activator of coagulation factor XMalgorzata Kamocka
Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Comp Med 58:282-6. 2008..An antihuman CP antibody recognized rat CP in an ELISA and inactivated CP activity in a chromogenic assay. Lobund-Wistar prostate tumors may provide a convenient animal model useful in determining the role of CP in cancer development...