Blase N Polite
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Exploring racial differences in outcome and treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: results from a large prospective observational cohort study (BRiTE)Blase N Polite
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
Cancer 118:1083-90. 2012..In this analysis, the authors examined racial differences in clinical outcomes among patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) who received bevacizumab...
- Racial differences in clinical outcomes from metastatic breast cancer: a pooled analysis of CALGB 9342 and 9840--Cancer and Leukemia Group BBlase N Polite
The University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Ave, MC 2115, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2659-65. 2008..This study examines racial differences in clinical outcomes in the setting of two large cooperative group randomized clinical trials...
- Colorectal cancer and race: understanding the differences in outcomes between African Americans and whitesBlase N Polite
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 2115, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Med Clin North Am 89:771-93. 2005..The task now becomes to continue to understand the reasons for the disparities and ultimately to come up with workable solutions so that the amazing progress in CRC treatment benefits all groups in this country...
- Are venous thromboembolic events associated with subsequent breast and colorectal carcinoma diagnoses in the elderly? A case-control study of Medicare beneficiariesBlase N Polite
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cancer 106:923-30. 2006..Multiple epidemiologic studies have reported associations between venous thromboembolic events and subsequent cancer diagnoses, but the published results have not suggested clear cancer screening approaches...
- Colorectal cancer model of health disparities: understanding mortality differences in minority populationsBlase N Polite
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2179-87. 2006..Finally, areas of ongoing and future research and policy initiatives aimed at reducing disparities are discussed...
- Breast cancer and race: a rising tide does not lift all boats equallyBlase N Polite
Section of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Perspect Biol Med 48:S166-75. 2005..This paper discusses the factors that may contribute to differences in survival and differences in stage at diagnosis between African American and white women...
- Molecular analysis of colorectal tumors within a diverse patient cohort at a single institutionBROOKE E SYLVESTER
Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics and Global Health, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:350-9. 2012....
- Dasatinib in previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: a phase II trial of the University of Chicago Phase II ConsortiumManish R Sharma
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC 2115, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1211-5. 2012..Dasatinib, an oral inhibitor of Src family kinases, inhibits proliferation in CRC cell lines and has antitumor activity in CRC xenograft models...
- Triple-negative breast cancers: a view from 10,000 feetMandira Ray
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Cancer J 16:17-22. 2010..Variations in risk factors and socioeconomic status, lack of treatment, delays in treatment, and inadequate dosing of chemotherapy are just a few of the many reasons that may explain why this incidence and survival disparity persists...
- Body mass index and outcomes in patients who receive adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancerJames J Dignam
Department of Health Studies, 5841 South Maryland Ave, MC 2007, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1647-54. 2006..We investigated the association of body mass index (BMI) with outcomes after colon cancer in patients from cooperative group clinical trials...
- Infused chemotherapy use in the elderly after patent expirationRena M Conti
The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e173-8. 2012..The use of anticancer drugs (chemotherapies) is an important determinant of national spending trends. Recent policies have aimed to accelerate generic entry among chemotherapies to generate cost savings...
- Combination therapy of imatinib mesylate and interferon-alpha demonstrates minimal activity and significant toxicity in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: results of a single- institution phase II trialBlase N Polite
Section of Hematology-Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 4:275-80. 2006..CONCLUSION: Based on a response rate of only 6%, a median TTP of 2 months, and significant toxicities, further study of IFN-alpha in combination with imatinib mesylate is not recommended in patients with metastatic RCC...