Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Cognitive neuroscience of sleepGina R Poe
Departments of Anesthesiology and Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Prog Brain Res 185:1-19. 2010....
- A spatial memory task appropriate for electrophysiological recordingsGina R Poe
Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
J Neurosci Methods 121:65-74. 2002..Multiple trials per session also allow for high intensity training important for many learning assessments such as the timing and type of sleep involved in learning and memory...
- REM restriction persistently alters strategy used to solve a spatial taskTheresa E Bjorness
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48014, USA
Learn Mem 12:352-9. 2005....
- Input source and strength influences overall firing phase of model hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cells during theta: relevance to REM sleep reactivation and memory consolidationVictoria Booth
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 9332, USA
Hippocampus 16:161-73. 2006....
- Isoflurane anesthesia does not satisfy the homeostatic need for rapid eye movement sleepGeorge A Mashour
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5048, USA
Anesth Analg 110:1283-9. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that isoflurane anesthesia would also facilitate recovery from REM sleep deprivation...
- From network heterogeneities to familiarity detection and hippocampal memory managementJane X Wang
Applied Physics Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 78:041905. 2008....
- Structural network heterogeneities and network dynamics: a possible dynamical mechanism for hippocampal memory reactivationPiotr Jablonski
Department of Physics and Biophysics Research Division, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 75:011912. 2007..We show that structural changes needed for robust reactivation of a given network region are well within known physiological parameters...
- Open-source logic-based automated sleep scoring software using electrophysiological recordings in ratsBrooks A Gross
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0615, United States
J Neurosci Methods 184:10-8. 2009..These results support the use of our open-source Auto-Scorer, coupled with user review, to rapidly and accurately score sleep/waking states from rat recordings...
- Causal entropies--a measure for determining changes in the temporal organization of neural systemsJack Waddell
Department of Physics, University of Michigan, 450 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1040, USA
J Neurosci Methods 162:320-32. 2007....
- Learning and memory during sleep and anesthesiaJonathan D Reasor
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int Anesthesiol Clin 46:105-29. 2008
- State-dependent columnar organization of dorsal hippocampal activity in the freely-behaving catGina R Poe
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0615, USA
Behav Brain Res 138:107-12. 2003..The columnar patterns suggest a highly structured functional state-dependent organization in the dorsal hippocampus, as has been previously predicted by anatomical studies...
- Neuronal models for sleep-wake regulation and synaptic reorganization in the sleeping hippocampusJanet Best
Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Biol Rhythms 22:220-32. 2007..The dynamics of the model for sleep-specific hippocampal neural activity proposes neural mechanisms to account for observed activity changes that can invoke synaptic reorganization associated with learning and memory consolidation...
- CRCNS - Neuromodulation of Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity in Waking & REM SleepGina Poe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will also indicate effects of commonly prescribed anti-depressants, such as selective noradrenergic (SNRIs) and serotonergic (SSRIs) re-uptake inhibitors, on learning and memory. [unreadable] [unreadable]..