Affiliation: University of Notre Dame
- Yasui H, Donahue D, Walsh M, Castellino F, Ploplis V. Early coagulation events induce acute lung injury in a rat model of blunt traumatic brain injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;311:L74-86 pubmed publisher..The results from this study demonstrated that enhanced systemic TF may be an initiator of coagulation activation that contributes to ALI after TBI. ..
- Gupta K, Donahue D, Sandoval Cooper M, Castellino F, Ploplis V. Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 Protects Mice Against Cardiac Fibrosis by Inhibiting Urokinase-type Plasminogen Activator-mediated Plasminogen Activation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:365 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that PAI-1 protects mice from hypertension-induced cardiac fibrosis by inhibiting the generation of active Pm. ..
- Ploplis V. Effects of altered plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression on cardiovascular disease. Curr Drug Targets. 2011;12:1782-9 pubmed..Further investigations involving regulation of cell function could potentially resolve paradoxical issues associated with the function of this protein in regulating cardiovascular disease. ..
- Ploplis V, Balsara R, Sandoval Cooper M, Yin Z, Batten J, Modi N, et al. Enhanced in vitro proliferation of aortic endothelial cells from plasminogen activator inhibitor-1-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6143-51 pubmed....
- Ploplis V, Tipton H, Menchen H, Castellino F. A urokinase-type plasminogen activator deficiency diminishes the frequency of intestinal adenomas in ApcMin/+ mice. J Pathol. 2007;213:266-74 pubmed..The results from this study suggest that uPA plays dual and opposing roles in regulating lesion development: one early, during the transition from normal epithelia to dysplastic lesions, and another later during tumour growth. ..
- Gupta K, Xu Z, Castellino F, Ploplis V. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 stimulates macrophage activation through Toll-like Receptor-4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:503-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PAI-1 is involved in the regulation of host inflammatory responses through Toll-like Receptor-4 (TLR4)-mediated macrophage activation. ..