Jennifer G Plebani
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Early abstinence in cocaine pharmacotherapy trials predicts successful treatment outcomesJennifer G Plebani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Treatment Research Center, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 37:313-7. 2009..This finding has implications both for treatment research and for clinical practice, suggesting that patients who do not respond early in treatment may need a more intensive intervention...
- Combined effects of alcohol and hepatitis C: a secondary analysis of alcohol use biomarkers and high-risk behaviors from two medication trials for alcohol dependenceJennifer G Plebani
Center for the Study of Addictions, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, United States address
Addict Behav 35:123-8. 2010..In addition, the relationship between Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and behavioral risk factors for HCV infection in these clinical populations were examined...
- Examining naltrexone and alcohol effects in a minority population: results from an initial human laboratory studyJennifer G Plebani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Am J Addict 20:330-6. 2011..Future studies should investigate African-American populations with heavy drinking as well as alcohol-dependent subjects in order to strengthen the parallels to clinical findings...
- Results from a pilot clinical trial of varenicline for the treatment of alcohol dependenceJennifer G Plebani
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 133:754-8. 2013..Alcohol use, abuse and dependence remain a pressing public health problem. Based on its mechanism of action, varenicline seemed to be a likely candidate for treating alcohol dependence...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependenceCharles A Dackis
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 43:303-12. 2012..06). Our negative findings might be explained by gender differences and/or inadequate psychosocial treatment intensity in patients with severe cocaine dependence...
- Results of an initial clinical trial of varenicline for the treatment of cocaine dependenceJennifer G Plebani
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, Treatment Research Center, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States plebani
Drug Alcohol Depend 121:163-6. 2012..Cocaine use, abuse and dependence remains a pressing public health problem. Based on its mechanism of action, varenicline, an alpha4beta2 partial agonist seemed to be a likely candidate for treating cocaine dependence...
- Study blinding and correlations between perceived group assignment and outcome in a cocaine pharmacotherapy trialCatharine E Fairbairn
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Addict 17:387-91. 2008..Furthermore, nurses' perceptions of treatment assignment were significantly related to trial completion, medication compliance, and cocaine use--results that may have training implications for medical personnel...
- Human laboratory paradigms in alcohol researchJennifer G Plebani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:972-83. 2012....
- An adaptive approach for identifying cocaine dependent patients who benefit from extended continuing careJames R McKay
Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
J Consult Clin Psychol 81:1063-73. 2013..The effect of incentives for continuing care attendance was also examined...