Steven C Plaxe
Affiliation: University of California
- Epidemiology of low-grade serous ovarian cancerSteven C Plaxe
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Reproductive Medicine, Rebecca and John Moores University of California, San Diego, Cancer Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:459.e1-8; discussion 459.e8-9. 2008..The objective of the study was to determine whether the epidemiology of low-grade ovarian serous cancers is distinct from that of high-grade ovarian serous cancers...
- Use of psychosocial services increases after a social worker-mediated intervention in gynecology oncology patientsYuko Abbott
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, Moores Cancer Center, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Health Soc Work 38:113-21. 2013..The introduction of psychosocial services by a social worker to gynecologic oncology outpatients increases referral rates and expedites evaluation...
- Women with gynecologic malignancies have a greater incidence of suicide than women with other cancer typesKristy K Ward
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Rebecca and John Moores UCSD Cancer Center, La Jolla, CA 92093 0987, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 43:109-15. 2013..Better understanding of the descriptive epidemiology of suicide among women with gynecologic malignancies could lead to improved risk assessment, screening, and prevention of this potentially avoidable cause of death...
- Inhibition of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) activity prevents anchorage-independent ovarian carcinoma cell growth and tumor progressionKristy K Ward
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 30:579-94. 2013..These results support the continued evaluation of FAK inhibitors as a promising clinical treatment for ovarian cancer...
- Changing demographics of cervical cancer in the United States (1973-2008)Kristy K Ward
Rebecca and John Moores UCSD Cancer Center, Department of Reproductive Medicine, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, La Jolla, CA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 126:330-3. 2012..To describe changes in the cervical cancer population...
- Phase II trial of pyrazoloacridine in recurrent platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studySteven C Plaxe
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Gynecol Oncol 84:32-5. 2002..The Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) performed a phase II trial of PZA to determine the response rate of this agent in patients with recurrent platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer...
- Phase II trial of pyrazoloacridine in recurrent platinum-resistant ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studySteven C Plaxe
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, 402 Dickinson Street, San Diego, CA 92103 8433, U S A
Am J Clin Oncol 25:45-7. 2002..Among 24 evaluable patients, there was 1 (4.2%) complete and 1 (4.2%) partial response. The major toxicities were hematologic. With the dose and schedule used, PZA had only modest activity in this population...