Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The zebrafish van gogh mutation disrupts tbx1, which is involved in the DiGeorge deletion syndrome in humansTatjana Piotrowski
National Institutes of Health, NICHD, LMG, Bldg 6B, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 130:5043-52. 2003..Furthermore, we provide evidence for regulatory interactions between vgo/tbx1 and edn1 and hand2, genes that are implicated in the control of pharyngeal arch development and in the etiology of DGS...
- Multiple signaling interactions coordinate collective cell migration of the posterior lateral line primordiumAndy Aman
Neurobiology and Anatomy Department, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Cell Adh Migr 3:365-8. 2009..In this review, we summarize the cell signaling interactions that underlie collective migration of the primordium and discuss proposed mechanisms for the function of chemokine signaling in this tissue...
- Wnt/β-catenin dependent cell proliferation underlies segmented lateral line morphogenesisAndy Aman
University of Utah Medical School, Dept of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MREB 401, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dev Biol 349:470-82. 2011..Therefore, by coordinating migration, prosensory organ formation and proliferation, localized activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the leading zone of the primordium plays a crucial role in orchestrating lateral line morphogenesis...
- Cell-cell signaling interactions coordinate multiple cell behaviors that drive morphogenesis of the lateral lineAndy Aman
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah Medical School, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Cell Adh Migr 5:499-508. 2011..In this review, we summarize the signaling network that patterns the migrating lateral line primordium and describe how this patterning coordinates crucial morphogenic cell behaviors...
- Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eyeW Zac Stephens
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah Medical School, 20N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dev Dyn 239:2066-77. 2010..Our results introduce the zebrafish apc mutation as a new model to study signaling pathways regulating the CMZ...
- Wnt/beta-catenin and Fgf signaling control collective cell migration by restricting chemokine receptor expressionAndy Aman
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, 401 MREB, 20N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dev Cell 15:749-61. 2008..Although the Fgf, Wnt/beta-catenin, and chemokine signaling pathways are well known to be involved in cancer progression, these studies provide in vivo evidence that these pathways are functionally linked...
- How the lateral line gets its gliaChi Bin Chien
Dept of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah Medical Center, 20 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Trends Neurosci 25:544-6. 2002..Combined genetic and embryonic perturbations showed that glia require axons for migration, but not vice versa; however, glia are later required for proper maintenance of axonal fasciculation...
- Retinoic acid is required for endodermal pouch morphogenesis and not for pharyngeal endoderm specificationDaniel Kopinke
University of Utah, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2695-709. 2006..These results demonstrate that the developmental processes underlying pharyngeal arch defects differ depending on when RA signaling is disturbed during development...
- Cell migration during morphogenesisAndy Aman
University of Utah, Department Neurobiology and Anatomy, 20N Medical Drive, MREB 401, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dev Biol 341:20-33. 2010..More importantly, we will highlight, compare and integrate recent advances in our understanding of how cell migration is regulated in these varied model systems with special emphasis on individual and collective cell movements...
- Regulation of latent sensory hair cell precursors by glia in the zebrafish lateral lineKelly A Grant
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neuron 45:69-80. 2005..Transplantation of wt glia into mutants rescues the appropriate temporal differentiation of interneuromast cells. Our studies reveal a role for glia in regulating sensory hair cell precursors...
- Retinoic acid signalling in the zebrafish embryo is necessary during pre-segmentation stages to pattern the anterior-posterior axis of the CNS and to induce a pectoral fin budHeiner Grandel
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics Dresden, Pfotenhauer Strasse 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Development 129:2851-65. 2002....