Jennifer A Pinto-Martin
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Assessment of surfactant use in preterm infants as a marker of neonatal intensive care unit qualityHeather C Kaplan
Perinatal Institute and James M, Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:22. 2011..However, process measures have remained largely unexamined. The objective of this research was to examine variation in surfactant use as a possible process measure of neonatal quality...
- Prevalence of autism spectrum disorder in adolescents born weighing <2000 gramsJennifer A Pinto-Martin
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4217, USA
Pediatrics 128:883-91. 2011..To estimate the diagnostic prevalence of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) in a low birth weight (LBW) cohort...
- Special education services and school performance in a regional cohort of low-birthweight infants at age nineJennifer Pinto-Martin
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 18:120-9. 2004..Maths achievement declined with birthweight regardless of educational placement. The medical and social risk factors that accompany low birthweight and may account for these findings, require further study...
- The role of nurses in screening for autistic spectrum disorder in pediatric primary careJennifer A Pinto-Martin
Division of Biobehavioral Health Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:163-9. 2005..The authors discuss the role of nurses in establishing systems within pediatric primary care to identify and refer children at risk for ASD...
- Developmental stages of developmental screening: steps to implementation of a successful programJennifer A Pinto-Martin
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1928-32. 2005....
- Screening strategies for autism spectrum disorders in pediatric primary careJennifer A Pinto-Martin
Biobehavioral and Health Sciences Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:345-50. 2008..The relative yield of these two strategies has not been examined...
- Relationship of dietary intake to gastrointestinal symptoms in children with autistic spectrum disordersSusan E Levy
Division of Child Development and Rehabilitation, Children s Seashore House of The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:492-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to 1) describe dietary intake of a cohort of children with ASD compared with normative data and 2) determine whether GI symptoms and stool consistency are related to dietary intake...
- Race differences in the age at diagnosis among medicaid-eligible children with autismDavid S Mandell
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:1447-53. 2002..To examine racial differences in the age at which Medicaid-eligible children first receive an autistic disorder (AD) diagnosis and to examine time in mental health treatment until an AD diagnosis was received...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the identification of children with autism spectrum disordersDavid S Mandell
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Public Health 99:493-8. 2009..We sought to examine racial and ethnic disparities in the recognition of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs)...
- Disparities in diagnoses received prior to a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorderDavid S Mandell
Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Research and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:1795-802. 2007..Differences in diagnostic patterns by ethnicity suggest possible variations in parents' descriptions of symptoms, clinician interpretations and expectations, or symptom presentation...
- Regular breakfast and blood lead levels among preschool childrenJianghong Liu
University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, 418 Curie Blvd, Room 426, Claire M Fagin Hall, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6096, USA
Environ Health 10:28. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between eating a regular breakfast and B-Pb among children using data from the China Jintan Child Cohort Study...
- The prevalence and correlates of abuse among children with autism served in comprehensive community-based mental health settingsDavid S Mandell
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Child Abuse Negl 29:1359-72. 2005..To determine the demographic and psychosocial correlates of physical and sexual abuse among children with autism...
- Motor and cognitive outcomes in nondisabled low-birth-weight adolescents: early determinantsAgnes H Whitaker
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:1040-6. 2006..To describe motor and cognitive outcomes in nondisabled low-birth-weight (LBW) adolescents and to determine the relation of specific prenatal, perinatal, and neonatal risk factors to these outcomes...
- Weight concerns in male low birth weight adolescents: relation to body mass index, self-esteem, and depressionAnna Blond
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:166-72. 2008..To compare weight concerns and self-reported body mass index (BMI) of low birth weight (LBW) adolescent boys to those of a normative sample and examine relationships among BMI, weight concerns, self-esteem, and depression in the LBW cohort...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine among children recently diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorderSusan E Levy
Regional Autism Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 24:418-23. 2003..The high prevalence of CAM use among a recently diagnosed sample indicates that clinicians should discuss CAM early in the assessment process...
- The Epidemiology of Autism in a Low Birthweight CohortJennifer Pinto Martin; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to describing the prevalence and presentation of ASD in LBW survivors, it will elucidate etiologic mechanisms that may inform prevention and treatment of ASD and social and communication problems in the general population. ..
- The Epidemiology of Autism in a Low Birthweight CohortJennifer Pinto Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition to describing the prevalence and presentation of ASD in LBW survivors, it will elucidate etiologic mechanisms that may inform prevention and treatment of ASD and social and communication problems in the general population. ..