Nancy A Pike
Affiliation: University of California
- Challenges and successes of recruitment in the "angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition in infants with single ventricle trial" of the Pediatric Heart NetworkNancy A Pike
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cardiol Young 23:248-57. 2013....
- Quality of life, health status, and depression: comparison between adolescents and adults after the Fontan procedure with healthy counterpartsNancy A Pike
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6919, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 27:539-46. 2012..Quality of life (QOL) in adolescents and adults who have undergone the Fontan procedure and are living with only 1 ventricle is presumed to be diminished...
- Sex and age differences in body-image, self-esteem, and body mass index in adolescents and adults after single-ventricle palliationNancy A Pike
School of Nursing, University of California, Factor Building Room 3 938, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6919, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:705-12. 2012..Strategies to help patients with SVCHD cope with nonmodifiable aspects of body-image during the difficult adolescent–to–young adult years may potentially enhance self-esteem and decrease psychological distress...
- Clinical profile of the adolescent/adult Fontan survivorNancy A Pike
School of Nursing, University of California, CA, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:9-17. 2011..The study aims to describe the clinical profile of the adult Fontan survivor and identify the worries, symptoms, and the impact of cardiac surveillance most commonly experienced...
- Stage I palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Norwood versus Sano modificationBrian L Reemtsen
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 22:60-5. 2007..The late effects of this modification, however, are speculated and have not been investigated...
- Regression of severe pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after Fontan revision and "hepatic factor" reroutingNancy A Pike
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, UCLA Box 951741, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1741, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:697-9. 2004..We present a case in which successful H-type Fontan revision with rerouting of hepatic venous flow through a hemiazygous vein successfully reversed the progression of severe left pulmonary arteriovenous malformations...
- Acute care pediatric nurse practitioner: a vital role in pediatric cardiothoracic surgeryCarol A Okuhara
Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 26:137-42. 2011....