Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Fully automated analysis using BRAINS: AutoWorkupRonald Pierson
The University of Iowa Roy and Lucille Carver College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuroimage 54:328-36. 2011..Application of AutoWorkup for the analysis of data from the 32-site, multivendor PREDICT-HD study yield estimates of reliability to be greater than or equal to 0.90 for all tissues and regions...
- Progressive brain change in schizophrenia: a prospective longitudinal study of first-episode schizophreniaNancy C Andreasen
Psychiatric Iowa Neuroimaging Consortium, The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Biol Psychiatry 70:672-9. 2011..Structural magnetic resonance studies indicate that brain abnormalities are present at onset, but longitudinal studies to assess neuroprogression have been limited by small samples and short or infrequent follow-up intervals...
- The role of the cerebellum in schizophreniaNancy C Andreasen
Department of Psychiatry, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:81-8. 2008..Evidence indicating that cerebellar abnormalities occur in schizophrenia is also reviewed. These suggest interesting directions for future research...
- White matter abnormalities in veterans with mild traumatic brain injuryRicardo E Jorge
Departments of Psychiatry and Radiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:1284-91. 2012..The authors used DTI to examine white matter integrity in a relatively large group of veterans with a history of mild TBI...
- Registration and machine learning-based automated segmentation of subcortical and cerebellar brain structuresStephanie Powell
Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1057, USA
Neuroimage 39:238-47. 2008..Results show that the machine learning methods outperform the template and probability-based methods. Utilization of these automated segmentation methods may be as reliable as manual raters and require no rater intervention...
- Long-term antipsychotic treatment and brain volumes: a longitudinal study of first-episode schizophreniaBeng Choon Ho
Departments of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:128-37. 2011..Because antipsychotics are prescribed for long periods for schizophrenia patients and have increasingly widespread use in other psychiatric disorders, it is imperative to determine their long-term effects on the human brain...
- The cerebellum and emotional experienceBeth M Turner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242 1057, USA
Neuropsychologia 45:1331-41. 2007..This suggests that alternate neural circuitry became responsible for maintaining the evolutionarily critical fear response after cerebellar damage...
- Manual and semiautomated measurement of cerebellar subregions on MR imagesRonald Pierson
Mental Health Clinical Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1057, USA
Neuroimage 17:61-76. 2002..97 to 0.99. The semiautomated method was built on the groundwork of the manual method to produce more reliable results in a fraction of the time, making valid measurements possible on a large number of subjects...