ROBERT CHRISTOPHER PIERCE
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Epigenetic inheritance of a cocaine-resistance phenotypeFair M Vassoler
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Neurosci 16:42-7. 2013....
- Deep brain stimulation for the treatment of addiction: basic and clinical studies and potential mechanisms of actionR Christopher Pierce
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 229:487-91. 2013..More recently, a limited number of basic and clinical studies indicated that DBS may also be useful in the treatment of various addictions...
- Rational development of addiction pharmacotherapies: successes, failures, and prospectsR Christopher Pierce
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2:a012880. 2012..In addition, the development of promising cocaine addiction therapeutics derived from animal research will be reviewed...
- Kicking the habit: the neural basis of ingrained behaviors in cocaine addictionR Christopher Pierce
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 125 South 31st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:212-9. 2010..We also review emerging evidence indicating that neuronal circuits including the dorsolateral striatum play a particularly important role in the habitual aspects of drug seeking and taking...
- NEUROTROPHINS AND REPEATED COCAINERobert Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2002....