M E Pichichero
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Safety and immunogenicity of six acellular pertussis vaccines and one whole-cell pertussis vaccine given as a fifth dose in four- to six-year-old childrenM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 105:e11. 2000....
- Fifth vaccination with dipthteria, tetanus and acellular pertussis is beneficial in four- to six-year-oldsM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:427-33. 2001..Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis serum antibody titers were assessed before a fifth dose of diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) or diphtheria-tetanus-whole cell pertussis (DTwP) vaccination at age 4 to 6 years...
- An adenoviral vector-based mucosal vaccine is effective in protection against botulismQ Xu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Gene Ther 16:367-75. 2009..These results suggest that the adenoviral vector is a highly effective gene-based mucosal vaccine against botulism...
- Functional deficits of pertussis-specific CD4+ T cells in infants compared to adults following DTaP vaccinationS K Sharma
Center for Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Research Institute, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY 14621, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 169:281-91. 2012..We show for the first time that DTaP vaccination-induced CD4(+) T cells in infants are functionally and phenotypically dissimilar from those of adults...
- New combination vaccinesM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 47:407-26. 2000..Thus, physicians must make room for all of the new vaccines on the horizon. To accomplish that task, combinations will be necessary. Progress toward that goal is occurring...
- Diagnostic accuracy of otitis media and tympanocentesis skills assessment among pediatriciansM E Pichichero
Elmwood Pediatric Group, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, NY 14642, Rochester, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:519-24. 2003..The results indicate that pediatricians may often misdiagnose OME as AOM, but they select appropriate antibiotics about 80% of the time and can be trained to accurately perform tympanocentesis...
- Acute otitis media disease managementM E Pichichero
Elmwood Pediatric Group, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Minerva Pediatr 55:415-38. 2003..Three injections of ceftriaxone or gatifloxacin (when approved) or diagnostic/therapeutic tympanocentisis (when approved) become a third-line treatment option. No single antibiotic or management strategy is ideal for all patients...
- Pharmacodynamic analysis and clinical trial of amoxicillin sprinkle administered once daily for 7 days compared to penicillin V potassium administered four times daily for 10 days in the treatment of tonsillopharyngitis due to Streptococcus pyogenes in chM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2512-20. 2008....
- Are follow-up throat cultures necessary when rapid antigen detection tests are negative for group A streptococci?T Mayes
Department of Microbiology Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 40:191-5. 2001..Throat culture confirmation of RAD test negative results in pharyngitis patients may not be medically necessary for most patients with currently available RAD tests and is costly...