Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Restless legs syndrome, periodic limb movements in sleep, and depressionDaniel Picchietti
Sleep Disorders Center, Carle Clinic Association and University of Illinois School of Medicine, 602 W University Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Sleep 28:891-8. 2005..To review the literature on restless legs syndrome (RLS), periodic limb movements in sleep, and depression...
- Periodic limb movements in sleep: irrelevant epiphenomenon, marker for a potential problem, or a disorder?Daniel Picchietti
University of Illinois School of Medicine and Carle Clinic Association, Division of Sleep Medicine, 602 W University Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:446-7. 2006
- Restless legs syndrome: prevalence and impact in children and adolescents--the Peds REST studyDaniel Picchietti
University of Illinois School of Medicine and Carle Clinic Association, Department of Pediatrics, 602 W University Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Pediatrics 120:253-66. 2007..In this first population-based study to use specific pediatric diagnostic criteria, we examined the prevalence and impact of restless legs syndrome in 2 age groups: 8 to 11 and 12 to 17 years...
- Early manifestations of restless legs syndrome in childhood and adolescenceDaniel L Picchietti
University of Illinois and Carle Clinic Association, Urbana, IL, USA
Sleep Med 9:770-81. 2008....
- Celiac disease as a possible cause for low serum ferritin in patients with restless legs syndromeShalini Manchanda
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, College of Medicine, 506 S Mathews Avenue, Suite 190, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Sleep Med 10:763-5. 2009..To describe celiac disease (CD) as a possible cause for low serum ferritin in patients with restless legs syndrome (RLS)...
- Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology. A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of HealthRichard P Allen
Department of Neurology, Sleep Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Asthma and Allergy Building 1B46b, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep Med 4:101-19. 2003..Modification of the criteria is now necessary to better reflect that increased body of knowledge, as well as to clarify slight confusion with the wording of the original criteria...
- Is iron deficiency an underlying cause of pediatric restless legs syndrome and of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder?Daniel Picchietti
Sleep Med 8:693-4. 2007