Gretchen A Piatt
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Translating the chronic care model into the community: results from a randomized controlled trial of a multifaceted diabetes care interventionGretchen A Piatt
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diabetes Care 29:811-7. 2006..To determine whether using the chronic care model (CCM) in an underserved community leads to improved clinical and behavioral outcomes for people with diabetes...
- Novel approaches to diabetes care: a population perspectiveGretchen A Piatt
University of Pittsburgh Diabetes Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 14:158-65. 2007....
- Impact of patient level factors on the improvement of the ABCs of diabetesGretchen A Piatt
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Patient Educ Couns 82:266-70. 2011..To determine which patient factors contribute to improvements in the ABCs of diabetes following a multi-faceted diabetes care intervention...
- 3-year follow-up of clinical and behavioral improvements following a multifaceted diabetes care intervention: results of a randomized controlled trialGretchen A Piatt
Gretchen A Piatt, MPH, 4601 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diabetes Educ 36:301-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine if improvements observed in clinical, behavioral, and psychosocial outcomes measured at 12 months following a multifaceted diabetes care intervention were sustained at 3-year follow-up...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of efforts to reduce risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in southwestern Pennsylvania, 2005-2007Kenneth J Smith
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A109. 2010..We assessed the cost-effectiveness of a community-based, modified Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) designed to reduce risk factors for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- Deploying the chronic care model to implement and sustain diabetes self-management training programsLinda M Siminerio
University of Pittsburgh Diabetes Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:253-60. 2006....
- Translating the Diabetes Prevention Program into an urban medically underserved community: a nonrandomized prospective intervention studyMiriam C Seidel
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Braddock, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Care 31:684-9. 2008....
- Two-year results of translating the diabetes prevention program into an urban, underserved communityGretchen A Piatt
Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:798-804. 2012..The purpose of the study was to examine the long-term effect of a Group Lifestyle Balance (GLB) program on weight, impaired fasting glucose, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia in an urban, medically underserved community...
- Deficiencies of cardiovascular risk prediction models for type 1 diabetesJanice C Zgibor
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, USA
Diabetes Care 29:1860-5. 2006..Therefore, our objective was to examine the accuracy of Framingham and UKPDS models for predicting coronary heart disease (CHD) in a type 1 diabetic cohort...
- Patients with Complex Chronic Diseases: perspectives on supporting self-managementMary Ann Sevick
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System 151 C, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:438-44. 2007..The case is discussed in terms of intervention effectiveness in the areas of prevention, addiction, and self-management of single diseases. Implications for research are discussed...
- Diabetes educators: implementing the chronic care modelLinda M Siminerio
Diabetes Educ 34:451-6. 2008
- Controlling the ABCs of diabetes in clinical practice: a community-based endocrinology practice experienceSwarna Varma
Pittsburgh Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, Bridgeville, PA 15017, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 80:89-95. 2008..Additionally, determine patient factors associated with ABC control...