Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- Quantitative assessment of flow velocity-estimation algorithms for optical Doppler tomography imagingDaqing Piao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269 2157, USA
Appl Opt 41:6118-27. 2002..These comparisons demonstrate that the sliding-window filtering technique is superior to the other techniques in terms of velocity estimation accuracy and robustness to noise...
- Doppler angle and flow velocity mapping by combined Doppler shift and Doppler bandwidth measurements in optical Doppler tomographyDaqing Piao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storm, Connecticut 06269 2157, USA
Opt Lett 28:1120-2. 2003..In vivo study of lip microvascularization demonstrates that this method is capable of providing both flow speed and flow direction information...
- Hybrid positron detection and optical coherence tomography system: design, calibration, and experimental validation with rabbit atherosclerotic modelsDaqing Piao
University of Connecticut, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:44010. 2005..Preliminary data also suggest that coregistered high-resolution OCT images provide imaging of detailed plaque microstructures, which cannot be resolved by positron detection...
- Characterization of dentin, enamel, and carious lesions by a polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography systemYueli Chen
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 1157, USA
Appl Opt 44:2041-8. 2005..e., the local textural features and the global structural features. This study indicates that PSOCT has the potential to be a powerful tool for research of dental formation and caries diagnosis...
- Quantifying Doppler angle and mapping flow velocity by a combination of Doppler-shift and Doppler-bandwidth measurements in optical Doppler tomographyDaqing Piao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, 260 Glenbrook Road, U157, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 1157, USA
Appl Opt 42:5158-66. 2003..As obtained with the method introduced here, the Doppler-angle estimation accuracies of the two sets are 97.6% and 98.2%, respectively, and the estimation accuracies of flow speeds of the two sets are 94.3% and 90.4%, respectively...
- Portable near-infrared diffusive light imager for breast cancer detectionNan Guang Chen
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, 371 Fairfield Road, Unit 1157, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:504-10. 2004..The entire system is compact in size (<0.051 m(3)) and fast in data acquisition (less than 2 sec for a complete scan). Calibration and the clinical experiment results are presented in the paper...
- Direct bidirectional angle-insensitive imaging of the flow signal intensity in Doppler optical coherence tomographyDaqing Piao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Unit 1157, 371 Fairfield Road, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 1157, USA
Appl Opt 44:348-57. 2005..Besides the direct directional detection of flow signal intensity, flow speed information can be acquired with postprocessing...
- Digital signal processor-based real-time optical Doppler tomography systemShikui Yan
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Connecticut, 371 Fairfield Road U11257, Storrs, CT 06269 2157, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:454-63. 2004..Experiments on Intralipid flow demonstrate that a pulsatile flow of several hundred pulses per minute can be faithfully captured in M-scan mode by this DSP system. In vivo imaging of a rat's abdominal blood flow is also presented...
- Simultaneous optical coherence tomography imaging and beta particle detectionQuing Zhu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Opt Lett 28:1704-6. 2003..With this prototype device we demonstrate the feasibility of simultaneous optical coherence tomography imaging and detection of beta particles...
- Video-rate near-infrared optical tomography using spectrally encoded parallel light deliveryDaqing Piao
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Opt Lett 30:2593-5. 2005..35 mm diameter inclusion with an absorption coefficient of 0.01 mm(-1) and a reduced scattering coefficient of 1.5 mm(-1) that is moving along a circular path inside a 1% Intralipid solution...
- Endoscopic, rapid near-infrared optical tomographyDaqing Piao
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Opt Lett 31:2876-8. 2006..This novel approach provides the key feasibility studies to allow this blood-based contrast imaging technology to be attempted in detection of cancer in internal organs via endoscopic interrogation...
- Rapid near-infrared diffuse tomography for hemodynamic imaging using a low-coherence wideband light sourceDaqing Piao
Oklahoma State University, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078 5032, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:014016. 2007....
- Minimization of geometric-beam broadening in a grating-based time-domain delay line for optical coherence tomography applicationZhen Jiang
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:3808-18. 2007..In vitro and in vivo imaging results are presented to demonstrate the improvement. It is also shown that geometric-beam broadening may exist in other optical coherence tomography reference arm configurations...