Rex M Philpot
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Repeated ethanol exposure during adolescence alters the developmental trajectory of dopaminergic output from the nucleus accumbens septiRex M Philpot
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 27:805-15. 2009..This alteration may explain the increased addiction vulnerability observed in individuals who initiate alcohol use during early adolescence...
- Ethanol conditioned place preference and alterations in ΔFosB following adolescent nicotine administration differ in rats exhibiting high or low behavioral reactivity to a novel environmentRex M Philpot
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, USA Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 262:101-8. 2014..These studies underscore the importance of assessing behavioral phenotype when determining the behavioral and cellular effects of adolescent nicotine exposure. ..
- Effects of nicotine exposure on locomotor activity and pCREB levels in the ventral striatum of adolescent ratsRex M Philpot
Laboratory of Neuropsychopharmacology, Department of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, University of South Florida College of Medicine, 3515 East Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613, United States
Behav Brain Res 230:62-8. 2012..Thus, inherent differences in the reactivity to novel stimulation during the adolescent period appear to predict sensitivity to the behavioral and cellular effects of nicotine and may underlie differences in progression to addiction...
- An animal model of sensation seeking: the adolescent ratKirstie H Stansfield
Psychology Department PCD 4118G, University of South Florida, 4202 E Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1021:453-8. 2004..This revised design provides the foundation needed to better assess novelty-induced locomotor activity and novelty preference in adolescent rats...
- Dependence of adolescent novelty-seeking behavior on response phenotype and effects of apparatus scalingRex M Philpot
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:861-75. 2008..Results confirm that novelty-seeking by adolescents is greater than by adults, a behavior attributed primarily to the response magnitude exhibited by adolescents with the HR phenotype...
- Developmental differences in nicotine place conditioningTracy A Torrella
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, USFCOM, MDC Box 9, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612 4799, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1021:399-403. 2004....