Lorraine J Phillips
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Effects of a creative expression intervention on emotions, communication, and quality of life in persons with dementiaLorraine J Phillips
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Nurs Res 59:417-25. 2010..Effective nonpharmacological interventions are needed to treat neuropsychiatric symptoms and to improve quality of life for the 5.3 million Americans affected by dementia...
- Structural equation modeling of disability in women with fibromyalgia or multiple sclerosisLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, USA
West J Nurs Res 31:89-109. 2009..Social support and depressive symptoms mediated the effect of functional limitations on disability. Interventions that target modifiable characteristics, such as depression and social support, may improve outcomes such as disability...
- Measuring symptoms of depression: comparing the Cornell Scale for Depression in Dementia and the Patient Health Questionnaire-9-Observation VersionLorraine J Phillips
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 5:34-42. 2012..Further study is needed to determine the sensitivity of the PHQ-9-OV in identifying treatment effects...
- The relevance of depressive symptoms and social support to disability in women with multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgiaLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
Int J Rehabil Res 33:142-50. 2010..The final multigroup model showed good fit chi [(111, n = 315) = 135.92, comparative fit index = 0.99, root mean square error of approximation = 0.03] and identified similarities and differences across groups...
- Indicators of a new depression diagnosis in nursing home residentsLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 37:42-52. 2011..The pattern of decline identified here may provide additional clues to the presence of underlying depression...
- The influence of positive experiences on depression and quality of life in persons with multiple sclerosisLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri Columbia, MO, USA
J Holist Nurs 26:41-8. 2008..This correlational study determined the extent to which positive, rather than negative, experiences influence depressive symptoms and quality of life in persons with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Impact of physical activity interventions on anthropometric outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysisVicki S Conn
S317 School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 65211, USA
J Prim Prev 35:203-15. 2014..03 to -0.04). Moderator analyses identified potential variables for future research. These findings document significant improvements in anthropometric effects from both supervised exercise and motivational interventions. ..
- Perspectives and experiences related to physical activity of elders in long-term-care settingsLorraine J Phillips
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
J Aging Phys Act 21:33-50. 2013..Participants wished for individualized home exercise programs and supervised exercise sessions. Future research should examine the extent to which the physical environment and PA programming in RC/AL communities affect elders' PA...
- Physical activity interventions with healthy minority adults: meta-analysis of behavior and health outcomesVicki S Conn
University of Missouri, S317 School of Nursing, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:59-80. 2012..Healthy minority adults experienced health improvements following supervised exercise. Interventions designed to motivate subjects to increase physical activity have limited magnitude heterogeneous effects...