Lorraine J Phillips
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Effects of a creative expression intervention on emotions, communication, and quality of life in persons with dementiaLorraine J Phillips
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Nurs Res 59:417-25. 2010..Effective nonpharmacological interventions are needed to treat neuropsychiatric symptoms and to improve quality of life for the 5.3 million Americans affected by dementia...
- Structural equation modeling of disability in women with fibromyalgia or multiple sclerosisLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, USA
West J Nurs Res 31:89-109. 2009..Social support and depressive symptoms mediated the effect of functional limitations on disability. Interventions that target modifiable characteristics, such as depression and social support, may improve outcomes such as disability...
- Retirement community residents' physical activity, depressive symptoms, and functional limitationsLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
Clin Nurs Res 24:7-28. 2015..Although PA explained a small amount of variance in 12-month functional limitations, as a modifiable behavior, PA should be championed and supported to help ameliorate functional limitations in older adults. ..
- Measuring symptoms of depression: comparing the Cornell Scale for Depression in Dementia and the Patient Health Questionnaire-9-Observation VersionLorraine J Phillips
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 5:34-42. 2012..Further study is needed to determine the sensitivity of the PHQ-9-OV in identifying treatment effects...
- The relevance of depressive symptoms and social support to disability in women with multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgiaLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
Int J Rehabil Res 33:142-50. 2010..The final multigroup model showed good fit chi [(111, n = 315) = 135.92, comparative fit index = 0.99, root mean square error of approximation = 0.03] and identified similarities and differences across groups...
- Indicators of a new depression diagnosis in nursing home residentsLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 37:42-52. 2011..The pattern of decline identified here may provide additional clues to the presence of underlying depression...
- The influence of positive experiences on depression and quality of life in persons with multiple sclerosisLorraine J Phillips
University of Missouri Columbia, MO, USA
J Holist Nurs 26:41-8. 2008..This correlational study determined the extent to which positive, rather than negative, experiences influence depressive symptoms and quality of life in persons with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Lipid outcomes from supervised exercise interventions in healthy adultsTodd M Ruppar
University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing, Columbia, MO, USA
Am J Health Behav 38:823-30. 2014..To meta-analyze lipid outcomes from supervised exercise interventions among healthy adults...
- Impact of physical activity interventions on anthropometric outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysisVicki S Conn
S317 School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 65211, USA
J Prim Prev 35:203-15. 2014..03 to -0.04). Moderator analyses identified potential variables for future research. These findings document significant improvements in anthropometric effects from both supervised exercise and motivational interventions...
- The continued success of registered nurse care coordination in a state evaluation of aging in place in senior housingMarilyn Rantz
Sinclair School of Nursing, Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo Electronic address
Nurs Outlook 62:237-46. 2014..Importantly, residents continued to live in private apartments and were encouraged to be as independent as possible through the end of life. ..
- Perspectives and experiences related to physical activity of elders in long-term-care settingsLorraine J Phillips
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
J Aging Phys Act 21:33-50. 2013..Participants wished for individualized home exercise programs and supervised exercise sessions. Future research should examine the extent to which the physical environment and PA programming in RC/AL communities affect elders' PA...
- Physical activity interventions with healthy minority adults: meta-analysis of behavior and health outcomesVicki S Conn
University of Missouri, S317 School of Nursing, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:59-80. 2012..Healthy minority adults experienced health improvements following supervised exercise. Interventions designed to motivate subjects to increase physical activity have limited magnitude heterogeneous effects...