G L Phillips
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) for high-risk acute myeloid leukemia (AML)/myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS): how can we improve outcomes in the near future?Gordon L Phillips
Hematology Oncology, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, JP Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY, USA
Leuk Res 36:1490-5. 2012..However, and as these strategies and techniques are evaluated, it should be realized that some may be too complex and/or expensive for widespread use as the need to reduce costs becomes more pressing...
- Activity of single-agent melphalan 220-300 mg/m2 with amifostine cytoprotection and autologous hematopoietic stem cell support in non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphomaG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:781-7. 2004..This experience may be used as a starting point for subsequent dose escalation of HDMEL (probably with AF) in established combination regimens...
- Amifostine and autologous hematopoietic stem cell support of escalating-dose melphalan: a phase I studyG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:473-83. 2004..Further studies are needed not only to confirm these findings, but also to define the antitumor efficacy of this regimen. Finally, it may be possible to evaluate additional methods of further dose escalation of melphalan in this setting...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for the non-Hodgkin's lymphomas and Hodgkin's diseaseG A Hale
Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 26:411-27. 2000..Also, when combined with lesser intensity conditioning, such may permit patients who otherwise would not be candidates for standard transplant regimens to be allografted...
- Phase I study for poor-prognosis lymphoma: augmentation of the "BEAM" regimen with escalating dose melphalan using amifostine cytoprotection and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation--a preliminary reportG L Phillips
The James P Wilmot Cancer Center, BMT Program, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Semin Oncol 31:59-61. 2004..Patient entry at the starting dose (ie, HD-MEL 140 mg/m2) has been completed without the development of severe regimen-related toxicities. This trial is ongoing...
- The use of conventional salvage chemotherapy before dose-intensive cytotoxic therapy and autologous transplantation for aggressive-histology lymphoma: a case for re-evaluationG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Markey Cancer Center, Lexington, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 26:507-13. 1997..Clinical trials are needed to resolve the issue. If the utility of CSCT is not validated, it should be abandoned. If it is validated, however, we may begin to address ways in which CSCT may be given more effectively...
- Interim analysis of the use of the anti-idiotype breast cancer vaccine 11D10 (TriAb) in conjunction with autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with metastatic breast cancerD E Reece
University of Kentucky, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Lexington, KY, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 2:52-8. 2001..Moreover, in this interim analysis, patients with the most vigorous humoral and cellular immune responses had a significant improvement in progression-free survival. Further follow-up and evaluation of this approach is warranted...
- What would Karl Landsteiner do? The ABO blood group and stem cell transplantationJ M Heal
Hematology Oncology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:747-55. 2005....