Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Philibert R, Todorov A, Andersen A, Hollenbeck N, Gunter T, Heath A, et al. Examination of the nicotine dependence (NICSNP) consortium findings in the Iowa adoption studies population. Nicotine Tob Res. 2009;11:286-92 pubmed publisher..Further examination of the NICSNP findings in other population samples is indicated. ..
- Philibert R, Gunter T, Beach S, Brody G, Hollenbeck N, Andersen A, et al. Role of GABRA2 on risk for alcohol, nicotine, and cannabis dependence in the Iowa Adoption Studies. Psychiatr Genet. 2009;19:91-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that genetic variation at or near the GABRA2 locus significantly affects vulnerability not only to AD, but to other forms of substance use including ND and CD, and that the effects may be sex dependent. ..
- Philibert R, Beach S, Gunter T, Todorov A, Brody G, Vijayendran M, et al. The relationship of deiodinase 1 genotype and thyroid function to lifetime history of major depression in three independent populations. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2011;156B:593-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that genetic variation influencing thyroid function is a risk factor for MD. Given the evidence from prior studies, further investigations of role of HPT variation in etiology and treatment of MD are indicated. ..
- Philibert R, Nelson J, Sandhu H, Crowe R, Coryell W. Association of an exonic LDHA polymorphism with altered respiratory response in probands at high risk for panic disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;117B:11-7 pubmed
- Philibert R, Gunter T, Beach S, Brody G, Madan A. MAOA methylation is associated with nicotine and alcohol dependence in women. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:565-70 pubmed publisher..10). We conclude that methylation of MAOA may play a significant role in common psychiatric illness and that further examination of epigenetic processes at this locus is in order. ..
- Philibert R, Beach S, Brody G. Demethylation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor as a biomarker for nascent smokers. Epigenetics. 2012;7:1331-8 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that the AHRR/AHR pathway may be functional in the response of peripheral white blood cells to tobacco smoke exposure. ..