Thomas F Pettigrew
Affiliation: University of California
- Justice deferred a half century after Brown v. Board of EducationThomas F Pettigrew
Department of Psychology, Social Science II, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Am Psychol 59:521-9. 2004..The article challenges this and other misconceptions about school desegregation that have become entrenched in the public's thinking and addresses ways to rekindle the spirit of Brown...
- A meta-analytic test of intergroup contact theoryThomas F Pettigrew
Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 90:751-83. 2006..Hence, future work should focus on negative factors that prevent intergroup contact from diminishing prejudice as well as the development of a more comprehensive theory of intergroup contact...
- Differential relationships between intergroup contact and affective and cognitive dimensions of prejudiceLinda R Tropp
Department of Psychology, McGuinn Hall, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 31:1145-58. 2005..Together, these results suggest that affective dimensions of intergroup relationships are especially critical for understanding the nature of contact-prejudice effects...
- Role of perceived importance in intergroup contactRolf van Dick
Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Pers Soc Psychol 87:211-27. 2004..The results are cross-validated in a 2nd study that also sheds light on the meaning of importance. In 3rd and 4th studies, structural equation analyses and a meta-analysis support the hypotheses...
- Relationships between intergroup contact and prejudice among minority and majority status groupsLinda R Tropp
Boston College, MA 02467, USA
Psychol Sci 16:951-7. 2005..Implications of these findings for future research on contact between minority and majority status groups are discussed...