KRISTINE M PETERSON
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Effects of dietary supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid on experimental human rhinovirus infection and illnessKRISTINE M PETERSON
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Antivir Ther 14:33-43. 2009..Because studies suggest that the dietary supplement conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) has immunomodulatory activities that might benefit common colds, we performed two studies of CLA effects in experimental human rhinovirus (HRV) infection...
- Association between TNF-alpha and Entamoeba histolytica diarrheaKRISTINE M PETERSON
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia Health Systems, PO BOX 801337, Building MR4, Room 2115, 409 Lane Road, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:620-5. 2010..histolytica diarrhea compared with convalescence. We conclude that there is an association between higher TNF-alpha production and E. histolytica diarrhea...
- The expression of REG 1A and REG 1B is increased during acute amebic colitisKRISTINE M PETERSON
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Parasitol Int 60:296-300. 2011..03). We concluded that REG 1A and REG 1B were upregulated during amebiasis and may function to protect the intestinal epithelium from parasite-induced apoptosis...
- Association of malnutrition with amebiasisWilliam A Petri
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Nutr Rev 67:S207-15. 2009..Future efforts aimed at understanding the mechanisms of these effects are described...
- Malnutrition and helminth infection affect performance of an interferon gamma-release assayTania A Thomas
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Pediatrics 126:e1522-9. 2010..We sought to compare the tuberculin skin test (TST) to the QuantiFERON-TB Gold In-Tube assay (QFT-IT) and assess the effects of malnourishment and intestinal helminth infection on QFT-IT results...
- Immune Responses and Genetic Polymorphisms in Entamoeba histolytica InfectionKristine Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2007..histolytica infection and disease. This will provide insight into the mechanisms by which the human immune system protects against amebiasis. ..