Kathryn A Peterson
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Extracellular Eosinophil Granule Protein Deposition in Ringed Esophagus with Sparse EosinophilsKathryn A Peterson
Department of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Dig Dis Sci 60:2646-53. 2015..Patients with low numbers of eosinophils in esophageal biopsy specimens may have esophageal changes and symptomatic disease brought about by eosinophil granule protein deposition without recognizable intact cells...
- Which patients with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) should receive elemental diets versus other therapies?Kathryn A Peterson
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East SOM4R118, Salt Lake City, UT, 84132, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 16:364. 2014..The contribution of unusual food antigens to EoE may be determined via the use of amino-acid-based formulas in patients with EoE. ..
- The role of gastroesophageal reflux in exercise-triggered asthma: a randomized controlled trialKathryn A Peterson
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:564-71. 2009..In patients prone to symptoms of supra-esophageal reflux, exercise may trigger gastroesophageal reflux (GER), resulting in such symptoms...
- Elemental diet induces histologic response in adult eosinophilic esophagitisKathryn A Peterson
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:759-66. 2013..Elemental diets have not been studied in adults with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE). The goal of this trial was to assess the efficacy of an elemental diet in adults with EoE...
- Endoscopic findings in patients presenting with dysphagia: analysis of a national endoscopy databaseChaya Krishnamurthy
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dysphagia 27:101-5. 2012..For patients undergoing a repeat procedure, normal and EU were less common and all other abnormal findings were significantly more common...
- Electron microscopy elucidates eosinophil degranulation patterns in patients with eosinophilic esophagitisHedieh Saffari
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 133:1728-34.e1. 2014..In patients with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE), eosinophils accumulate and release granule proteins onto esophageal epithelium. However, little is understood about the mechanism of eosinophil degranulation...
- Comparison of esomeprazole to aerosolized, swallowed fluticasone for eosinophilic esophagitisKathryn A Peterson
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1313-9. 2010..There are no prospective studies comparing treatment of EoE with acid suppression versus topical corticosteroids...
- Non-invasive ultrasound to identify eosinophil granule proteins in eosinophilic esophagitisHedieh Saffari
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA Department of Dermatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA Electronic address
Ultrasound Med Biol 41:884-9. 2015..Our results suggest the potential of this new class of solid contrast agents to image, diagnose and improve management of eosinophilic esophagitis...
- Retrospective analysis of esophageal food impaction: differences in etiology by age and genderKathryn R Byrne
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Division of Gastroenterology, 30 North 1900 East, SOM 4R 118, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:717-21. 2007..001). The etiology of EFI differs significantly by age and gender. This information may be useful in evaluation and management of EFI...
- Cross-sectional imaging obtained immediately following radiofrequency atrial fibrillation ablation does not predict endoscopic evidence of esophageal injuryDarcie R Gorman
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Huntsman Cancer Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, 30N 1900E 4R118, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:3453-8. 2011..We hypothesized that esophageal abnormalities seen on imaging immediately post-ablation are a poor predictor of the damage seen during EGD...
- Complications involving the mediastinum after injection of Enteryx for GERDRobert F Wong
University of Utah School of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 61:753-6. 2005
- Comparison of air-coupled balloon esophageal and anorectal manometry catheters with solid-state esophageal manometry and water-perfused anorectal manometry cathetersJohn C Fang
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:1657-63. 2004....