Kathryn A Peterson
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Which patients with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) should receive elemental diets versus other therapies?Kathryn A Peterson
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East SOM4R118, Salt Lake City, UT, 84132, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 16:364. 2014..The contribution of unusual food antigens to EoE may be determined via the use of amino-acid-based formulas in patients with EoE. ..
- The role of gastroesophageal reflux in exercise-triggered asthma: a randomized controlled trialKathryn A Peterson
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:564-71. 2009..In patients prone to symptoms of supra-esophageal reflux, exercise may trigger gastroesophageal reflux (GER), resulting in such symptoms...
- Elemental diet induces histologic response in adult eosinophilic esophagitisKathryn A Peterson
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:759-66. 2013..Elemental diets have not been studied in adults with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE). The goal of this trial was to assess the efficacy of an elemental diet in adults with EoE...
- Endoscopic findings in patients presenting with dysphagia: analysis of a national endoscopy databaseChaya Krishnamurthy
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dysphagia 27:101-5. 2012..For patients undergoing a repeat procedure, normal and EU were less common and all other abnormal findings were significantly more common...
- Comparison of esomeprazole to aerosolized, swallowed fluticasone for eosinophilic esophagitisKathryn A Peterson
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1313-9. 2010..There are no prospective studies comparing treatment of EoE with acid suppression versus topical corticosteroids...
- Retrospective analysis of esophageal food impaction: differences in etiology by age and genderKathryn R Byrne
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Division of Gastroenterology, 30 North 1900 East, SOM 4R 118, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:717-21. 2007..001). The etiology of EFI differs significantly by age and gender. This information may be useful in evaluation and management of EFI...
- Electron microscopy elucidates eosinophil degranulation patterns in patients with eosinophilic esophagitisHedieh Saffari
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 133:1728-34.e1. 2014..In patients with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE), eosinophils accumulate and release granule proteins onto esophageal epithelium. However, little is understood about the mechanism of eosinophil degranulation...
- Cross-sectional imaging obtained immediately following radiofrequency atrial fibrillation ablation does not predict endoscopic evidence of esophageal injuryDarcie R Gorman
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Huntsman Cancer Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, 30N 1900E 4R118, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:3453-8. 2011..We hypothesized that esophageal abnormalities seen on imaging immediately post-ablation are a poor predictor of the damage seen during EGD...
- Complications involving the mediastinum after injection of Enteryx for GERDRobert F Wong
University of Utah School of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 61:753-6. 2005
- Comparison of air-coupled balloon esophageal and anorectal manometry catheters with solid-state esophageal manometry and water-perfused anorectal manometry cathetersJohn C Fang
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:1657-63. 2004....