Karen E Peterson
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Fernandez C, Kasper N, Miller A, Lumeng J, Peterson K. Association of Dietary Variety and Diversity With Body Mass Index in US Preschool Children. Pediatrics. 2016;137:e20152307 pubmed publisher..Greater dietary variety and diversity were prospectively associated with higher BMIz. Targeting dietary variety and diversity as an obesity prevention strategy in children requires careful consideration. ..
- Davis R, Cole S, Blake C, McKenney Shubert S, Peterson K. Eat, play, view, sleep: Exploring Mexican American mothers' perceptions of decision making for four behaviors associated with childhood obesity risk. Appetite. 2016;101:104-13 pubmed publisher..Understanding how children's behaviors are regulated is an important aspect of obesity prevention for low-income, Mexican American children. ..
- Kasper N, Peterson K, Zhang Z, Ferguson K, SÃ¡nchez B, Cantoral A, et al. Association of Bisphenol A Exposure with Breastfeeding and Perceived Insufficient Milk Supply in Mexican Women. Matern Child Health J. 2016;20:1713-9 pubmed publisher..4, 7.7) and 2.2 (0.5, 9.5), for the second and third BPA tertiles, respectively, compared to the lowest (pÂ =Â 0.29, trend). Discussion These results suggest an association between maternal BPA exposure and decreased breastfeeding. ..
- Moynihan M, Peterson K, Cantoral A, Song P, Jones A, Solano González M, et al. Dietary predictors of urinary cadmium among pregnant women and children. Sci Total Environ. 2017;575:1255-1262 pubmed publisher..Higher estimated DCd for children than for women could be attributed to the different FFQs or related to dietary pattern changes between age groups. DCd contributed to UCd in those without a maternal smoking history. ..
- Kasper N, Mandell C, Ball S, Miller A, LUMENG J, Peterson K. The Healthy Meal Index: A tool for measuring the healthfulness of meals served to children. Appetite. 2016;103:54-63 pubmed publisher..The HMI is a valuable tool for measuring the quality of meals served to children. ..
- Yang T, Peterson K, Meeker J, SÃ¡nchez B, Zhang Z, Cantoral A, et al. Bisphenol A and phthalates in utero and in childhood: association with child BMI z-score and adiposity. Environ Res. 2017;156:326-333 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to explore how associations may differ between those who are pre- and post-pubertal. ..
- Munzer T, Miller A, Brophy Herb H, Peterson K, Horodynski M, Contreras D, et al. Characteristics Associated With Parent-Teacher Concordance on Child Behavior Problem Ratings in Low-Income Preschoolers. Acad Pediatr. 2018;18:452-459 pubmed publisher..Pediatricians could consider parent depressive symptoms, culture, and implicit bias when interpreting differences in behavior ratings by parents and teachers. ..