Jane Anthony Peterson
Affiliation: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Perceptions of Midwest rural women related to their physical activity and eating behaviorsJane Peterson
University of Missouri at Kansas City, 2464 Charlotte St, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Community Health Nurs 30:72-82. 2013..Results suggest key elements for developing and implementing effective physical activity and weight management interventions for Midwestern rural women...
- One theoretical framework for cardiovascular disease prevention in womenJane Anthony Peterson
School of Nursing, University of Missouri, KC, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 27:295-302. 2012..The purpose of this article was to help nurses improve healthcare delivery by using the PRECEDE-PROCEED Model as a theoretical framework to guide CVD risk reduction efforts for women...
- Choose to Move for Positive Living: physical activity program for obese womenJane Anthony Peterson
School of Nursing, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 26:120-8. 2012..A holistic approach was used to promote stage of health behavior change, social support, and quality of life and reduce depression. Within 6 months, physical fitness improved and depressive symptoms decreased...
- Evaluation of the Heart and Soul Physical Activity Program by African American womenJane Anthony Peterson
University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Nursing, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
ABNF J 22:64-72. 2011....
- Heart and soul physical activity program: social support outcomesJane Anthony Peterson
University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Am J Health Behav 32:525-37. 2008..To examine changes in specific social support domains following the Heart and Soul Physical Activity Program (HSPAP)...
- Heart and soul physical activity program for African American womenJane A Peterson
University of Missouri Kansas City, USA
West J Nurs Res 33:652-70. 2011..Significant increases in time spent in physical activity from a mean of 412 min/week at baseline to 552 min/week at 6 weeks were noted. Participants reported increases in social support for physical activity in the 6-week study...
- Get moving! Physical activity counseling in primary careJane Anthony Peterson
University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:349-57. 2007..Adoption of physical activity can be part of a healthy lifestyle to prevent or manage many chronic and debilitating conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, and obesity...
- Physical activity counseling intervention to promote weight loss in overweight rural womenJane Anthony Peterson
School of Nursing, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
J Am Assoc Nurse Pract 25:385-94. 2013....
- The uptake of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine among adolescent females in the United States: a review of the literatureJacqueline A Bartlett
School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Kansas City, USA
J Sch Nurs 27:434-46. 2011..Learning what interventions school nurses currently utilize could positively affect the HPV vaccine uptake and completion rates by other nursing disciplines realizing this ongoing effort...
- Minimize urinary incontinence: maximize physical activity in womenJane Anthony Peterson
University of Missouri, Kansas City, School of Nursing, Kansas City, MO, USA
Urol Nurs 28:351-6. 2008..With health behavior changes, including moderately intense physical activity, use of pelvic floor strengthening exercises and weight management, as well as avoidance of constipation, women can reduce the incidence of UI...